Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent connection issues PG´s -> Roggers

Hi all

I have for the last 2 days experianced 2 major outages due to (what i think) is connectivity issues. For some reason the pg´s located in a remote site gets disconnected / looses connectivity towards the Roggers that are placed at the central site. At the same time 4 other pg´s works fine on distance sites and have agents logged in without any issues reported. On the pg´s i also have a vru that connects to CVP and that works fine. CUCM pim goes idle as well on both sides.This have never happened before and came from no where. WAN and Firewall is not the issue

Im using Cisco UCS boxes with VMware 4.1 running CUCCE 8.5.3, CTIOS 8.5.3, CVP 8.5.1 and CUCM 8.6.2.23900-10

Everyone's tags (3)
5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

So the connectivity between the PG and Rogger had issues right ?

Have you looked into the Router & PG logs. Does it give any hint why this happened ?

Addition to that have a look at the App/Sys Event viewer logs in both the Servers ?

Regards,

Senthil

Yes it´s the PG and Roggers that have issues. Have checked the logs but all i can find is that the low, medium and high connections fails towards the central controllers. Yesterday it was down 1h 50 mins and today 1h. All came back up again by itself without any interaction from me. I can ping between the pg´s on the private network but it looks as when this happends they do not know of each others states either so i´t´s quite weird and not seen before from my side.

Any suggestion on what to look for more explicit in the logs?

Cisco Employee

Ok, So have you tried pinging the Rogger at the issue time ? I cannot really say what you should see in the logs.

Glance the NM/MDS/OPC/PGAG/PIM logs. In addition have a look at the Sys/App Event viewer logs, they should give more details as well.

If this is frequently happens in your environment, I would suggest you to enable some tracing on the ICM processes. IF possible run a sniffer capture to make sure ther is no issues in the packets being sent from the PG to Rogger.

Regards,

Senthil

Unfortunately i have not been able to ping when this occures.

Some traces :

10:20:56:076 pg2b-pgag Connection to Central Controller side B failed (low priority).

Last EMT Error [10053]: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

Event viewer

8:16:34am reports Connection to Central Controller side A failed (low priority) Event ID 32799
8:17:29am reports Routing Client error message indication received for routing client ID 5006 message type 9 Event ID 32815

8:17:29am reports Routing Client error message indication received for routing client ID 5006 message type 7 Event ID 32815

8:38:22am reports Connection to Central Controller side B failed (low priority) Event ID 32799

8:44:44am reports Connection to Central Controller side A failed (low priority) Event ID 32799

Above logs keep registering in event viewer

9:02:16am reports Routing Client error message indocation received for routing client ID 5006 message type 16 Event ID 32815

9:02:36am reports Timeout initializing PG Agent, Activate=3 Event ID 40        

9:02:37am reports Connection to Central Controller side B failed (low priority) Event ID 32799     
9:02:37am reports Path to Central Controller side B disconnected Event ID 32778       
9:02:41am reports Connection to Central Controller side A failed (low priority) Event ID 32799

10:20:56:076 pg2b-pgag Connection to Central Controller side B failed (low priority).

Last EMT Error [10053]: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

opc

08:41:10:449 pg2a-opc PGAgent on sideB reported DMP In-Service (Router Connections:: SideA=CONNECTED SideB=CONNECTED).
08:41:10:449 pg2a-opc PGAgent on sideB reported DMP In-Service (Router Connections:: SideA=CONNECTED SideB=CONNECTED).
08:47:10:738 pg2a-opc PGAgent on sideB reported DMP In-Service (Router Connections:: SideA=DISCONNECTED SideB=CONNECTED
08:56:03:758 pg2a-opc PGAgent on sideB reported DMP In-Service (Router Connections:: SideA=CONNECTED SideB=DISCONNECTED).
08:56:14:858 pg2a-opc PGAgent on sideB reported DMP In-Service (Router Connections:: SideA=CONNECTED SideB=CONNECTED)
08:59:33:098 pg2a-opc PGAgent on sideB reported DMP Out-Of-Service (Router Connections:: SideA=CONNECTED SideB=CONNECTED).
08:59:33:098 pg2a-opc Trace: Logger data updates suspended for PG in SetDMPServiceState
08:59:33:098 pg2a-opc Peripheral Data Service DEACTIVATED on Peripheral 5001.
08:59:33:098 pg2a-opc Routing Client Service 5001 DEACTIVATED on Peripheral 5001.
08:59:33:098 pg2a-opc Trace: Logger data updates suspended for all peripherals
08:59:33:098 pg2a-opc Trace: Controller Data Service DEACTIVATED
08:59:33:098 pg2a-opc Trace: OPCCtrlBlock::CalculateWeightOnBothSides - Updated weights SideA = 120, SideB = 0.
08:59:33:098 pg2a-opc PGAgent initialization waiting for DMP status update (State=4 PresentA=1 PresentB=1 ConnectionA=1 ConnectionB=1).
08:59:33:099 pg2a-opc PGAgent on sideB reported DMP Out-Of-Service (Router Connections:: SideA=DISCONNECTED SideB=CONNECTED).
09:03:39:650 pg2a-opc PGAgent on sideB reported DMP Out-Of-Service (Router Connections:: SideA=DISCONNECTED SideB=CONNECTED).
09:03:50:422 pg2a-opc PGAgent on sideB reported DMP Out-Of-Service (Router Connections:: SideA=CONNECTED SideB=CONNECTED).
09:04:13:299 pg2a-opc PGAgent on sideB reported DMP Out-Of-Service (Router Connections:: SideA=CONNECTED SideB=DISCONNECTED).
09:04:17:600 pg2a-opc PGAgent on sideB reported DMP In-Service (Router Connections:: SideA=CONNECTED SideB=DISCONNECTED).
09:04:17:600 pg2a-opc Peripheral Data Service DEACTIVATED on Peripheral 5001.
09:04:17:600 pg2a-opc Trace: Logger data updates suspended for all peripherals

There is not much more than this information. Maybe turning up the traces to get more detailed info?

Any suggestions for what processes to turn up and what mask to set on them?

Re: Intermittent connection issues PG´s -> Roggers

Looks like bandwidth or latency issue. Would recommend to monitor bandwidth and latency between failed PG's and routers. Make sure you have enough dedicated bandwidth for PG's according to sizing. ICM traffic is delay sensitive.

Search "public network traffic flow in below doc"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ipccenterprise8_0_1/design/guide/uccesrnd80.pdf

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content