Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IP Contract Centre Express 8.x CAD and click to dial

Has anyone had any experience of Cisco CAD been used in conjunction with a click-to-dial application such as the Cisco Widget? Currently we are in the process of up-grading a customer from Communications Manager and IPCC Express Premium 5.x to 8.x and have discovered that four of their CAD agents have installed the old Cisco Attendant Console application on their PC’s purely to create local speed-dial databases. The customers has been using IPCC to route calls to the CAD agents who then look up via the Attendant Console a local users extension number and transfer accordingly. Ideally to keep things simple and retain this functionality it would be ideal to create say a local extension directory via Microsoft Access and use click to call to then dial the desired extension. However I believe that there may be issues with doing this as the click to call application wants to generate a new call leg rather than a transfer from CAD.

Any ideas and suggestions welcome!

Ps

I know that Attendant Console is not supported in UC 8.x and should never have been implemented in the unsupported manner above.

3 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi

I have played with a similar scenario, but rather than having users use AC (as it's not supported) I simply took an export of the CUCM corporate directory and imported that to CAD. This way, when someone hits the 'transfer' button in CAD they get a dialog with address lookup functionality. It's nowhere near as good as a proper console, and obviously only allows blind or consult transfers (i.e. doesn't allow return on no answer after a blind transfer).

I even wrote a wee program that exported from CUCM and imported to the a system-wide CAD phone book automatically so it could be ran as a scheduled task to keep it up to date.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Re: IP Contract Centre Express 8.x CAD and click to dial

This is helpful!

Many Thanks

Steve Blunt

Senior Consultant

Tel: +44 (0)7980 718023

E-mail: steve.blunt@nextiraone.co.uk

www.nextiraone.co.uk<>

Hello,

Can you send me the program that export from CUCM and import to UCCX.

regards.

Views
Helpful
Replies