cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Agent on 8945 phones

robertgalloway
Level 1
Level 1

When using IP Phone Agent on Cisco 8945 phones it works fine other than not being able to exit/minimize the IP Phone Agent screen. You can access the Settings / Directories by pressing the appropriate buttons but when exiting those it returns to IP Phone Agent screen. It prevents user from dialing numbers without first pressing speaker phone / line to remove IP Phone Agent from the screen.

Any ideas?

10 Replies 10

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As far as I know, it is working as per design. Do you mean you see this behavior only on 8945 & other phone models it works as desired ?

GP.

On other models of phones like 794x or 796x you log in to IP Phone Agent then press Services and it will disappear from the phone display although still be logged in but looking at the phone you wouldn't know unless you went into Services > IP Phone Agent.

I'd find it very strange and a poorly thought out service if this is by design. You shouldn't have to press the speaker phone or life the receiver to make a call, you should be able to dial the number first. This situation prevents that from happening.

Further testing suggests you also can't browse your recent call history (the down arrow) when this IP Phone Agent window is open on the display. That is poor functionality.

What is the firmware version running on 8945 ?

GP.

The problem has occured on sccp 9-2-3-5 and now most recently sccp 9-2-3-es1-2

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

14.Due to CSCts68408 and CSCts68415 defect issues the IPPA functionality is supported only from Phone load 9.1.2ES1 and later.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

Please crosscheck the firmware on the phone.

Thanks,

Anand

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

It will go to IPPA screen by default, till the time you are logged in.

Please refer the below thread,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2028085

Hope it helps.

Anand

I don't think that is similar to the problem I am experiencing. The IPPA screen is constantly on the phone display unless I'm in other menus or on calls. If I end a call the IPPA will come back.

The issue I have is that I want it to NOT be on the phone display unless I go into Applications > IP Phone Agent.

When you configure the telecaster user in Desktop Administrator, it allows IPPA to pop up on the screen automatically. I think this may be your problem.

Remove your 8945 phone from the telecaster user defined in Desktop Administrator. If you happen to use the RMCM user as your telecaster user, then you will need to create a new application user specifically for telecaster, and only assign phones to it when you want IPPA to pop up automatically.

HTH,

Brian

Thanks Brian, I have looked into that but I don't believe it to be a problem with IPPA popping up on incoming calls. My issue is that it will ALWAYS be on the display on the 8945 phones unless another menu is opened on top of it, and once that menu is closed IPPA will be there again. On models like 796x or 794x phones the IPPA will be logged on in the background you wouldn't notice it unless you opened it again.

We found what is likely an 'unintended feature' that minimizes the IPPA window with the following sequence:

Open Applications

Start a call (lift handset, press headset button, press speaker button)

End call

Exit Applications

Works with 9-2-2-0 and 9-2-3-5. We still don't have es1 to test, despite asking for it well over a month ago.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: