Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC 4.0(5) with Sql 2005 Enterprise DB

Hello,

I currently have IPCC 4.0(5) (no SR) doing with an ODBC connection to a SQL 2000 server.  I am preparing to upgrade the SQL 2000 server to SQL 2005 (only upgrading a SQL server, not touching SQL 2000 running on IPCC).

According to the document in the link below, support for SQL 2005 as an enterprise db was not posted until IPCC 4.0(5) SR2.  I will be upgrading to IPCC 7.x very soon, but need to buy time and avoid touching IPCC 4.0(5).  Does anyone know if the ODBC connection from IPCC 4.0(5) will connect to a SQL 2005 server?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crsmatrxeol.pdf

Thanks,

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: IPCC 4.0(5) with Sql 2005 Enterprise DB

Hi Jeff.

You will probably have problems with the database subsystem, when you upgrade to UccX7.0.1 if the 3rd party database is af SQL2k5 server.

There is a fix for that problem, check below :

Upgrading UCCX to 7.0(1)Sr4 is failing ODBC connection to SQL 2005.

Symptom:

Upgrading the UCCX server to 7.0(1) Sr4 and OS to 2003.1.4a SR11 is failing the ODBC connection to SQL 2005 external database.  (also a problem in new installations)

The error generated when trying to setup a ODBC connection to SQL 2005 database is
======
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
=======

Conditions:

Upgrade to UCCX 7.0(1) Sr3 or 4 and OS upgrade to 2003.1.4a SR11

Workaround:

Work around:

a) In UCCX SQL Server 2000 - Start the Client Network Utility.  (
cliconfg.exe is used from MSDE versions of UccX)

b) On the General tab, add TCP/IP in the list under Enabled protocols by order. (make sure its first)

c) Click the Alias tab, and then click Add. Under Network libraries, select TCP/IP.

d) In the Server name text box, type the IP address of the server that is running SQL Server

Note:

If port other that 1433 is being used Click the check box to clear the Dynamically determine port option, and then type the port number of the instance of SQL Server 2005 in the Port number text box.

Regards

\Søren Lavard

3 REPLIES

I found this post that answered my question:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1036624#1036624

Looks like upgrading the DB that I'm dipping from to SQL 2005 won't be an issue.

Thanks.

Hi Jeff.

You will probably have problems with the database subsystem, when you upgrade to UccX7.0.1 if the 3rd party database is af SQL2k5 server.

There is a fix for that problem, check below :

Upgrading UCCX to 7.0(1)Sr4 is failing ODBC connection to SQL 2005.

Symptom:

Upgrading the UCCX server to 7.0(1) Sr4 and OS to 2003.1.4a SR11 is failing the ODBC connection to SQL 2005 external database.  (also a problem in new installations)

The error generated when trying to setup a ODBC connection to SQL 2005 database is
======
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
=======

Conditions:

Upgrade to UCCX 7.0(1) Sr3 or 4 and OS upgrade to 2003.1.4a SR11

Workaround:

Work around:

a) In UCCX SQL Server 2000 - Start the Client Network Utility.  (
cliconfg.exe is used from MSDE versions of UccX)

b) On the General tab, add TCP/IP in the list under Enabled protocols by order. (make sure its first)

c) Click the Alias tab, and then click Add. Under Network libraries, select TCP/IP.

d) In the Server name text box, type the IP address of the server that is running SQL Server

Note:

If port other that 1433 is being used Click the check box to clear the Dynamically determine port option, and then type the port number of the instance of SQL Server 2005 in the Port number text box.

Regards

\Søren Lavard

Thanks Soren.  This is a great heads-up!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content