Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC 4.x Upgrade Issues

Has anyone experienced problems with the upgrade from 3.5(3) to 4.0(2)? I'm trying to do one in a lab that keeps hanging during the restore process - it gets to about 8% then nothing for hours..anyone know what's happening here?

4 REPLIES

Re: IPCC 4.x Upgrade Issues

You could check with backup/restore log to see where it stops.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Cisco\Logs.

Wei

The logs don't show anything - they show 8% complete - then the rest of the entries reflect me stopping the upgrade - the longest I let it sit for was about 3 hours - this is on a clean system with no custom prompts/scripts, just enough setup to get the engine in_service on everything.

Also, if I do a normal restore using BARS using the same backup file, that works fine. So, I KNOW the backup file is good.

Cisco Employee

Pls refer to the release notes for the unsupported configurations and important notes

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_4_0/english/relnotes/crs402rn.pdf

Well, my lab upgrade of 3.5(3) to 4.0(2) in the lab was successfully, but my production upgrade attempt bombed out at 41% on the restore.

Try using BARS 4.0(8).. the docs say 4.0(9) which does not appear to be available.

--Jon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content