Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC 5.0 - appadmin Page wont display

After reinstalling IIS, the IIS service is running as well as WWW. We have deleted the webapps folder and restarted the server, now when you try to display the web page it display's the file structure from the folder. Any ideas how to "rebuild" the web page or correct this?

14 REPLIES

Hi,

why did you reinstall the IIS server?

G.

The service was not showing as a service in windows services - it was installed in add/remove programs. Was that not the right thing to do.

Hi,

I am sorry, I am a bit lost. What service?

G.

IIS - it says in serveral doc's that IIS needs to be running.

Well, yes, but IIS is installed with that special, Cisco-provided Windows, required by UCCX. You don't need to install it separately. Actually, you install that Windows 2000 Ultra Mega Awesome Edition by Cisco, and then you install IPCC Express aka UCCX. That should be it.

Is there anything I can do (besides upgrading - we are in the very slow process of doing that)  to rectify?

appadmin.PNG

Hi,

er... I am afraid I cannot help you there.

Did you think about talking to TAC? They might come up with a workaround.

G.

Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

What is the Cisco OS version that is being used here?

I can think using the OS CD and doing a repair at the OS level. Then use the UCCX bootable disc to repair the UCCX layer as well.

Other than that, with the help of a good backup, a re-install and restore should do the job.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Arundeep

CCIE Voice #40132

Arundeep,

just me being curious: what does this "using the OS CD and doing a repair at the OS level" mean? Can you give us more details on this?

Thanks.

G.

Cisco Employee

Hi G,

The OS is the Cisco customized OS of Windows which needs to be installed on a Windows Server. So during a fresh install of the IPCC versions (pre 8.x) we first install the Cisco OS (example 2003.1.2a) and then the UCCX on top of it.

In this case, the IIS is corrupt which is done as a part of the install of the Cisco OS. Thus, if we boot with the OS, we get an option of reparing the corruptions at this OS level.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Arundeep

CCIE Voice #40132

No, this does not compute. The OS is not a Cisco customized OS of Windows which needs to be installed on a Windows server. The OS is a Cisco customized OS that needs to be installed on bare metal (or in a VMWare).

So you suggest if we boot up with the Cisco OS DVD and choose the repair option, it will repair whatever gone wrong on the OS level, without actually touching my UCCX configuration (so I won't lose anything)?

G.

Cisco Employee

Hi G,

Apologies for the typo in the Windows Server, however the intent was the same.

Cisco customized OS is intended to be installed on a bare metal such as the MCS. Correction: The install of this is not supported on VMware.

Basically the repair process reinstalls or repairs missing or corrupted
binary files, shortcuts, and registry entries on a server.

Regards,

Arundeep

CCIE Voice #40132

Okay, I have a UCCX 7 in my lab, packed with scripts and other useful stuff. I already inserted the Cisco OS DVD into the appropriate slot. Can I go and reboot and you guarrantee if I choose the repair option, my UCCX will wake up after the repair process and continue working as if nothing happened?

I am not going to fight about whether VMWare yes or no, we both know it works and by the way that's not the main topic of the discussion.

G.

Cisco Employee

Hi G,

Well, I would advise a good backup before starting the repair.

Yep, ideally it should come up fine without impacting the CCX layer.

Regards,

Arundeep

CCIE Voice #40132

Views
Helpful
Replies