Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPCC 7.0 Distributed AW deployment

We are designing a IPCC 7.0 solution and encounter Admin Workstation (AW) deployment problem.

Using Admin Workstation Bandwidth calculator, the bandwidth requirement for 40 byte ECC variable is 361,046 kps. The bandwidth increment from 40 to 41 byte is 9,012 kps, while other parameters main the same. It is a harsh network requirement.

The following statement is in P 10-5 of Pre-installation Planning Guide for Cisco ICM Enterprise Edition, Release 7.0.

"Admin Workstations can be located with one or both sides of the Central Controller, at a call center, or at another site."

With the network requirement, how can AW with HDS be deployed remotely from Logger? Any idea?

Johnson

5 REPLIES

Re: IPCC 7.0 Distributed AW deployment

I didn't see the calculation from the page you referred to. However I think there should be some mistakes, or typo? 40 byte ECC need 361M??

We actually use remote distributors which communicate with loggers through one T1, we don't use ECC taht much, but do have lots of call variables.

Wei

Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure I should attach the calculator here. Or you can access the HDS/WebView Bandwidth Calculator from the link

http://www.cisco.com/application/x-zip-compressed/en/us/guest/products/ps4145/c1225/ccmigration_09186a0080579aac.zip

If you don't use ECC variable, how can the CTI information (say in IPIVR) be pass to the agent side? Am I missed something here?

I also notice that the ICM DBA tool gives the database sizing for HDS. Once ECC variables comes into play, it becomes a dominant factor.

It seems that the database sizing agrees with the figure from bandwidth calculator.

The reason for remote AW deployment is to have agent adminstration and ICM Scripting distributed to each local site? There are a number of remote agent offices in our case. The supervisor in local office wants to control the local agent administration. Do you have any suggestion?

Johnson

I never used this calculator before. But I don't think the number you got is right. In IPCC 7 SRND (pg 263), 1000 byte ECC in 50 cps (call per second) will consume 1.2M BW, which is much smaller than what you have. Surely I don't know how much cps in your call center. By the way, ECC is per call basis, so doesn't matter with size of agent/skill.

We don't use ECC because ICM reserves 10 call variables to pass call data, each variable is with 40 byte, and is good enough to hold all data we need.

For your deployment, you could keep distributor/HDS in central sites, while set up client AW in remote sites for supervisors, management and reporting traffic is much smaller.

Wei

Thanks for the suggestion. We will study whether we can use call variables instead of ECC variables or not.

Regarding the client AW, is there any concern for such deployment because SRND mentions that, at P 1-15,

"At any additional site, at least one distributor and multiple client AWs can be deployed; however, client AWs should always be local to their AW distributor."

Johnson

I don't know why SRND says that. As far as I know, client AW is just application client, no real time process running on it. Actually our customers do have client AWs remotely, and they work well.

Wei

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content