Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blue

IPCC 7.0 Traditional vs. System

Ok, let me preface this question with the fact that I understand the "installation" and "topology" differences between a IPCC 7.0 System vs. Traditional Install.

My question is, what are the feature comparisons from an administrative/end user perspective. The only difference I see is the "Web Config Manager" which you only get with the System IPCC install. Other than that the administrator/end user wouldn't notice the difference between the two types of installs. Am I correct in saying that?

Also, the agent re-skilling feature. Is that web interface/feature also available in a traditional 7.0 install?

4 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: IPCC 7.0 Traditional vs. System

I'll give this a shot. You're correct in that one of most significant differences between System IPCC and Enterprise IPCC is the web configuration interface, but it is a significant difference.

With System IPCC the administration and installation is much more straight forward and simplified. There is no more re-running setup (switching between setup and config to perform configuration operations). The Web Configuration interface can perform (almost) all configuration tasks through this interface including registry, services and database configuration. In the past "IPCC" was a subset of the ICM installation. Configuration items not needed by IPCC – like the NICS and the ACD PIMS are eliminated. You now only need to configure those items necessary for the supported deployments.

Translation Routes and Device Targets are no longer required. End-users won't notice a difference except they now login with a Agent login name.

The agent reskilling feature, accessed via a web page, is available in all 7.0 installations as long as it has been installed on a Distributor AW(s).

Community Member

Some of the simplification is good and some is bad. Not having to add device targets is great! however by simplifying the install it has made a few things more difficult. For instance there is no label admin which makes redirects hard (i'd have just used a label in the past) and you cannot post route a call off switch either.

In addition, although you don't need translation routes to be built in ICM they still need to be present on the CRS.

Blue

Bullett,

In System IPCC Script Editor do you at least have the "Label" node so you can configure a "dynamic" label to send a call to a number?

andy - berbee

Community Member

I have answered your other thread but yes you do have the label node and loads of others that you can't use as well!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content