Cisco Support Community
Community Member

IPCC and CRS confusion

Hi guys,

3 questions:

I downloaded and installed CRS 3.5(3) for use with TAPS. Just to clear up a bit of confusion, is CRS exactly the same thing as IP IVR, and/or IPCC Express?

What is the difference between IPCC Express and IPCC? (Similar to CallManager Express and CallManager).

Finally what are the differences between the various versions of IPCC Express?

Cisco Employee

Re: IPCC and CRS confusion

CRS refers to the base application engine that both IP IVR & IPCC Express are built on. So applications like Call Manager Extended Services, IPCC Express, IP Queue Manager & IP IVR are all built on top of the CRS Engine.

As I noted IPCC Express is an ACD application that uses CRS as its base engine for call processing, queuing, call control, etc. However, IPCC or IPCC Enterprise is a call center solution that consists of the Cisco ICM product as its core call control engine.

IPCC Enterprise consists of the ICM, Call Manager, a CTI desktop & a queuing platforn like IP IVR all integrated to create a call center application.

The major difference between the two IPCC products is architechture and scalability. IPCC Express scales to 300 agents while IPCC Enterprize can scale to ~ 6000 agents.

There are three versions of IPCC Express:

1) Standard

2) Enhanced

3) Premium

IPCC Express Standard is a basic ACD package that provides basic queuing, prompt and collect and announcemnts.

IPCC Express Enhanced adds Skills Based routing & Call Monitoring & Recording.

IPCC Express Premium adds IVR functionality like XML processing and database look up.

I have attached a link that points to the IPCC Express datasheet that explains the differences between the three versions in much greater detail.

Community Member

Thanks guys. I've installed CRS 3.5(4) on the same server as CCM 4.1(3). Does this mean I can't do anything with it until I install an application such as auto attendant, IPCC express, IP IVR. (Is IPCC express also an IP IVR?)

Are any applications installed as part of the CRS?

Community Member

Please see the attachment for difference IPCC express and IPCC.

CreatePlease to create content