cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Call In Queue Alarm

t.daniel
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer that has replaced a NEC solution with IPCC 3.5.3. The old solution was able to send an alarm (beep) when calls were waiting in queue. This might occur if all agents were busying and prompt over flow personnel to login. The customer is very concerned that IPCC does not have this feature and has asked us to develop one. Does anyone have a recommendation on how to get this done. We are thing of the following.

1. Write a script to trigger an XML APP on each phone to beep and display a message.

2. Write a script to send a page to their Berbee paging system. This would page all phones. We are not sure if berbee will allow this to be down from an app.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

9 Replies 9

Best is to write the XML app to display number of calls in queue. Berbee does sell this app for a fee. But I have also seen a post where a similar solution is offered here by someone for no charge. You might want to try that.

In the case the link below does not work, search for the post titled "CSQ stats on idle 7960 phone"

Please rate posts

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Contact%20Center&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dd68cef

Thanks for the quick response. The attached link referenced a jsp and aef script. Do you know where I can get a copy of these?

I think the 7960 stats page might require you to have enterprise edition, which may or may not be an issue. I am working on a way to do exactly this via VB right now.

What we do as a work around is ring a loud bell on an analogue extension when calls are not ringing at agent as there are no available agents. we do this by getting the available agents for our CSQ through get reporting statistic, if there arnt any we use a new contact object to ring a loud bell and pause for a bit and check the stats again in a loop. We also havent accepted the contact at this point so the call rings at the telco saving money on the toll free number.

k-martell
Level 1
Level 1

You could also use CRS to place the current caller on hold then use a new contact variable to place a call to an analog ext with a bell plugged in. We have done this for several customers. It takes some playing with to get the rings just right but you just include this as part of the queue loop and it will ring the bell on each pass.

You can always use a regular phone instad of the bell to save time and money.

We had a similar situation in which we need to be alerted of a call in queue for longer than a defined time period. We currently have a setup where if the call is in "Q" for longer than 20 seconds, the system calls a DN and plays a message based on what skill the call is in "Q" for. We have another script that refreshes every 5 seconds and checks again for the call in "Q" and calls the DN again. If you would like, I can post these scripts and what needs to be done to get it working.

I have the same issue for a customer at the moment. If you can post your scripts here, it would be a great help.

Thanks.

This was created by our vendor and we have modified it slightly. There are a few things that need to be done to get this working:

1. First you will need to create an app for the QueueStatus.aef script with an http trigger, ours is /queuealert.

2.For some reason, our vendor changed the default location for webapps but you should place the QueueStatus.html probably in your Program Files\wfavvid\tomcat\webapps\ROOT folder.

3. Record some prompts to announce on your overhead that are short but your CSQ agents will know it's their CSQ on the overhead.

4. In the script, QueueStatus.aef, you may want to change the names of the "int_XXXX_Wait", "p_XXXX_Page", "str_XXXX" variables to something named along the lines of your CSQ's. For the "str_XXXX" variables, you will also need to change the string to the name of your CSQ applications. Change the "str_Paging_DN" to a DN that you have setup to page through. Change the "Email_Address" to an address where you would want to receive alerts in case there were to be a problem in the script. If you change the names of the variables you will also need to change them in the If statements and in the True leg of the If statements as well as the Get Reporting Statistic. You may also want to change the int_Page_Threshold to a value you want, we currently have ours set at 20 seconds. You can set this in the script or the parameterin IPCC. You will also need the change the filename value in the Create File Document node to the location of your html file.

5. You will ned to set a computer to run the http trigger so the refresh portion built into the html code will work. You might be able to set this on a phone and it work as well (have not tried this).

6. Setup a phone somewhere away from most of your users that can be tied into the paging zone of your call floor. You will need to set the phone to auto answer on the headset. Run a cable from the headset to the paging zone.

Here is what the script does: It will check for the longest call in queue and if it is over the "int_Page_Threshold" vaule, then it will send a call to the str_Paging_DN" value and play the message that is associated with that CSQ. If more than one CSQ is beyond the "int_Page_Threshold" vaule, then it will play them one after another. The script will terminate the call after each page. With the http trigger actively running on a PC or phone, it will refresh the script every 5 seconds and page again until the call is answered, goes to voicemail, or is abandoned.

I know this is lengthy and a lot of work, but it works pretty well for us.

woops, didn't realize you already posted them. Thanks!!!!

roxysbrian,

If you could post those scripts that would be awesome. I have a customer that's looking for the exact same thing and I have no idea how to configure that in IPCC. I'm pretty good with setting up basic scripts and I can usually tweak and figure it out if I have the basics.

Thanks

Jake

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: