Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC, CallManger 3.3x and SoftPhone issue

Forgive my ignorance but I am trying to understand the various communication channels that are set up in a scenario:

A customer has a CallManager 3.3x cluster, various 7960 IP Phones and IPCC spread over about 7 servers. Apparently everything has been set up correctly and IPCC is correctly distributing calls using the IPCC scripts that have been developed for them. The various Contact Centre PC's have SoftPhone installed and the customer is experiencing an intermittent problem where the softphone application will not allow calls to be transferred (the buttons are greyed out). The only solution is to re-boot the 7960 IP Phone; re-loading the application or re-booting the PC doesn't fix anything.

I would like to know how the various communication channels operate as I assume the SoftPhone application is speaking to both CCM & IPCC, plus the IP Phone will be have a TCP (SCCP) connection to CCM and when a voice call is active to either a Gateway (MGCP) or to another IP Phone possibly?.

The problem has been ongoing for a while and the actual cause hasn't been identified, so it could be anything from the network to the applications.

Please assume the network is setup OK and there aren't any congested links or dropped packets.

Any ideas?

Andy

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

It looks like a BUG, try the bug CSCeg40271CSCdx11296: DTMF: SoftPhone did not receive the LINE_GENERATE event

This url should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094584.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: