Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC Database integeration

Hi all,

we have an ipcc 7.1.4 based Contact center. Every thing was working fine for the last one year.From the last 2 days, Oracle CRM Database team start complaining that due to thousands of sessions between odbc gateway and database, Database can be hangup or crash. Database side is running a script which kill the inactive sessions after every 10 minutes but it is failing to do so because of excessive connections.

According to the LLD document, we commit that only 10 connection will be active per odbc gateway at a time and we are using 3 side A and 3 side B odbc gateways so the number of session would not exceed 60 at the most.

Well! Through Solarwind we found that 147 tcp connections are there from our 6 odbc gateways to remote Database.

Any Idea??

Thanks in Advance,

Mudassar

3 REPLIES

Re: IPCC Database integeration

Hi Mudassar,

I'm running same behavior but on UCCX 5.0(2), i suspect from ODBC or configuration on the Oracle Driver because i have DB release steps on every branch of my DB Reads.

Regards,

Claudio.

Cisco Employee

Hi Mudassar,

it might be quick TCP/IP disconnects causing a new socket connection to be performed I would suggest to check with a sniffer to confirm the offending party.

Regards,

Riccardo

Hi Ricardo,

Actually i taked a trace and i see a bunch of connections or request conects by TNS. but i never see the disconnections. And some packets with GTP protocol marked as Unknown.

I guess this is a Oracle issue.

Regards,

Claudio.

Views
Helpful
Replies