Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC Directory lookup feature

I am integrating an IPCC Express system and the customer would like to use the dial-by-name function; much like the one found in Unity. I know you can integrate it with either DCD or AD, but the want to know if there is a way to connect it somehow to Unity itself in order to take advantage of the "do not list in directory" feature.

Now, I am fairly certain (correct me if I am wrong) there is no way to integrate IPCC with Unity directly. However, does anyone know how I could deliver this "do not list" feature when integrated with either DCD or AD?

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: IPCC Directory lookup feature

Why don't you just configure your IPCC Scripts to just send the call to Unity when someone wants to dial by name. For example, "press 1 to dial by name..." when they press one, send them directly to Unity's Directory Handler.

please rate posts.

andy - berbee

Andy,

I have thought about that and I will most likely use Unity to perform the Directory function. however, my customer is trying to offload as much as possible from Unity where applicable.

therefore, I was hoping someone could help me with this configuration; or at the very least tell me it is not possible (which I doubt is the case)...

Thanks for your response,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

You probably figured this out by now, but in the default aa.aef script, I believe there is a peice of code that does dial by name. The trouble with this is you have then go into CCMAdmin, Users and assign them to the AA and record a name prompt.

It's really ugly and I would try hard to sell them on using Unity for this function. DBN should be a small percentage of calls that come into the AA I would guess.

--Jon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content