Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

IPCC Ent 5.0 to 7.0 upgrade

Has anyone got an experience of upgrading from IPCC Enterprise 5.0 up to IPCC Enterprise 7.0?

5 REPLIES
Blue

Re: IPCC Ent 5.0 to 7.0 upgrade

see this link for the ipcc 7.0 upgrade information from ipcc 5.0: (view the preUpgrade preparation carefully for caveats)

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps1001/c1952/ccmigration_09186a00805e1ea2.pdf

Community Member

Thanks a lot. It's quite a usefull documentation. But I'm interested in real practical difficulties, problems and solutions.

One of majot questions to me is whether it's worth upgrading from IPCC Enterprise 5.0 SR13 to IPCC 7.0 SR4? What are the PROs and CONs?

Cisco Employee

The main point to note is that you are out of software support on IPCC 5.0. You still have TAC support, but SR13 was the last SR for the 5.0 release train.

7.0 offers many advantages over 5.0 including reporting, dynamic reskilling, security and Windows 2003 support, to name a few.

I have performed a few of these upgrades now and they went very well. Every upgrade is only as good as your preparation, so test everything out in a lab before had. Use production data if possible. Personally I prefer to use the technology refresh method if possible, but if your hardware is 7.0 compliant then common ground works well also.

Note the new Domain requirements. Also check out the IPCC compatibility matrix, you may leave your PG's / CM / IPIVR at an earlier version through the upgrade transition.

Overall, follow the document and you should be fine.

Community Member

Hi Darren,

It sounds good. By the way, as I can see reporting is the same (web view). What's the difference?

Besides these technical details I'm very interested in finding all the reasons which coumd be sound to CEO to invest additional money in IPCC upgrade taking into account our current IPCC 5.0 works stable.

Community Member

Anyone here experience about upgrading 5.0 Blended Agent to 7.0 Outbound Option?

It's said version 7.0 Outbound Option handles dialing lists different way? Multiple lists or tables?? Or dialing list per query rule, is that so?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content