Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC Enterprise Agent Routing

I want to try something new for.

I am bringing up a 3 person call queue.  The internal customer always wants to route calls to agent 1 and if she is busy then agent 2 then if she is busy agent 3.

If agent one become available and agent 2 is on the phone the next call comeint in should go back to agent 1.

Basically they want agent 1 to take every call if she is available.

I always use the  LAA.  This will not work for this.  I have seen some post taking about the Agent node, and others about the distribute node.

I have not found a post though that really explains how to use them.

Does any one have a screen shot of them doing this in ICM they can upload?

3 REPLIES
Green

Re: IPCC Enterprise Agent Routing

The Queue to Agent node is easy to use. In your case, set it to "explicit" and choose agent 1 explicitly from the drop-down box.

Both ports (the X and the check) would lead to the next Queue to Agent which would be set to agent 2. Don't check the box that says "queue to agent even if logged out".

So you will be queuing to agent1, but since the check port (success) does not incorporate any Run Ext Script, it will not wait for agent1 - if agent1 is not available it will just move on to agent2. Same thing here with Queue to Agent (agent2), with both ports going to a Queue to Agent (agent3).

Now both ports go to a Queue to Skill Group with a skill group which each of your three agents belong to - with the Run Ext Scripts in a loop thus waiting until someone becomes available.

So the preferential treatment will target a free agent, but queue if all are busy, and then any of the three will get the call.

Just check the scripting guide for Queue to Agent usage.

Regards,

Geoff

Bronze

Queue to Agent as Geoff mentioned is a great option but there are reporting ramifications in an environment where everyone expects reporting at the SkillGroup level. If that doesn't apply than it's a moot point and definitely the quickest to deploy. If that is an issue an alternative is below.

You could  build 3 distinct skills and then use separate Queue to SkillGroup nodes? This way if the pool of agents increases and you have for example 2 agents that can take those calls first you would simply update their skill rather than updating scripting. Of course the flipside to that is if you add a 4th agent who needs to be selected as the last resort on availability.

When you refer to LAA are you using the actual LAA node? What version of UCCE are you running?

Yep I was referrring to the LAA node.  I am using 7.5.5.

Thanks to you and Jeff for your suggestions.

Views
Helpful
Replies