Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC Enterprise - Cti Server Fail Over Scenario

Hi, I have a duplexed environment SideA(loggerA,routerA, PG1A, CG1A and CTIOSServerA)

SideB (loggerB, routerB, PG1B, CG1B and CTIOSServerB)

AW distributor and HDS are on a stand alone server.

I tried the following Fail Over scenario and both CTIServer (CG1A and CG1B) did not allow CTIOSServer(AorB) to connect (depending of Services scenario running).

My fail over Scenario :

-On sideA I m running the services : LoggerA, RouterA, PG1A and CTIOSA

-On sideB I m running only the CG1B services

All IP or Ports are well done I m just wondering if the Fail over scenario is supported, because till PG1B is not up the CG1B does not allow CTIOSA to connect.

Reading the Case CSCma27627 (Symptom: No published documentation noting specific configuration

requirements when installing/deploying CTI Server on Dedicated Platform

independent of the same, PG instance.

Condition: PG and CTI Server installed on separate server platforms

Workaround: None. This configuration is not allowed.)

So does it mean CG1B is not able to connect to a PG1A?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: IPCC Enterprise - Cti Server Fail Over Scenario

The system was designed such that a CG side A and B will only talk to the PG on its own side. The current OPC process on the PG will not support 2 CTI Servers pointing to it at any one side. The CTI Servers can be active independent of the side the PIM is on when both OPCs are online.

So in your example, you would need to add OPC and PIM to side B in order for it to be able to communcate with PIM on Side A.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

The system was designed such that a CG side A and B will only talk to the PG on its own side. The current OPC process on the PG will not support 2 CTI Servers pointing to it at any one side. The CTI Servers can be active independent of the side the PIM is on when both OPCs are online.

So in your example, you would need to add OPC and PIM to side B in order for it to be able to communcate with PIM on Side A.

Hi Thanx a lot for your answer.

Your explaination is very clear.

Regards

Also, as an appendix to David's message, the CG has a mechanism where if 0 clients are connected, and is configured as Duplex, it will attempt a failover every 30 seconds.

In your test, there is no CG running on the B side so there was nothing to pick up the CTI/OS client connection, therefore your failure point was seen.

/Jeff

Views
Helpful
Replies