Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Enterprise Script Storage

dan.agache
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a Cisco IPCC Enterprise 7.5.7 and because of a replication problem we experiencing inbound script versioning.

Now, we have in our system an old version and we want to restore it.

Can anyone tell me where Enterprise scripts are stored and how I recover a particular version witch not appear in Script Editor?

Thank you,

Dan

3 Replies 3

cpi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dan,

I start with a couple obvious questions for you.

Did you check the versioning for the script in script explorer ( which is in Script Editor)?

If so, and the script isn't there the next place I would check would be in deleted objects in configuration manager to see if the script was accidently deleted.

Let me know if this helps, if not we can check the databse to see if the script is even in there to be referenced at all.

Dave

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Can anyone tell me where Enterprise scripts are stored and how I recover a particular version witch not appear in Script Editor?

Scripts are part of the configuration, like agents, call types etc. They are stored in the configuration tables on the logger - like Master_Script, Script, Script_Cross_Reference and Script_Data. They are replicated to the AWDB in the normal way configuration data is replicated.

As the responder said, if you cannot see the version you want in Script Explorer and it has been flushed (permanently deleted), then you are out of luck.

If you had exported the script as a .ICMS file and saved it somewhere - then you could reimport, and save as the latest version, assuming you can resolve the references. This is a bit of a long shot though - many customers don't do this.

If your system has been set up to delete scripts automatically and save (say) only the last 5 versions (in System Information), then I would change that. Some integrators configure this - I prefer to save all scripts and clean up irrelevant scripts manually. Then nothing worthwhile is lost. Of course, this is closing the stable door after the nag has well and truly bolted - but still worthwhile.

Regards,

Geoff

Thank all for your answers.

I restored the scripts from DataBase backups.

Now is OK.

Thank you,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: