Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPCC Enterprise Scripting - Play Node

Hello,

I have been trying to get the 'Play' node in the script editor to work, however I am not having much luck.

I can use MicroApps to play media, however I think the Play node has some uses.

Has anyone here attempted to play a .wav file from this node? I have tried putting in the full path to the .wav file (using http://ip address/en_CA/XX/XX.wav), which I can paste into a web browser it will play the .wav file.

If you have got this to work, can you let me know what settings you used?

Thanks!

Barry

10 REPLIES
Green

Re: IPCC Enterprise Scripting - Play Node

Barry,

Those nodes are not useful for CVP.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff, too bad, I was hoping to get lazy and not write so many micro apps just to play a .wav file.

Maybe in the future they will let you pass in a variable of the file to be played!

Barry

You can. This was introduced way back in version 2.1.

Dynamic Audio File Support

In ISN 2.0, all audio files needed to be specified in the VRU Script Name of the PlayMedia, Menu,

GetDigits and GetSpeech micro-applications. ISN 2.1 gives you the capability to use a single

micro-application and specify the prompt using call variables and the ICM formula editor. If you set the

second VRU Script Parameter to a value, prefixed by a dash, the ISN looks at the corresponding Call

PeripheralVariable for the name of the audio file to play. For example, setting the second VRU Script

Paramter to ?-5? causes the ISN to play the audio file listed in the Call PeripheralVariable5.

Thanks johnd, I didn't even see that, this is excellent!

Barry

You're welcome. That info was from the 2.1 Release Notes, not sure what the later documentation covers with regard to that functionality. Could possibly be vague or differ slightly. As I recall the driver for this enhancement was a customer that had thousands of product wav files and, as you can imagine, it would have been a nightmare to create all those Network VRU Scripts and the associated ICM scripting.

Green

That's still in the current doco - see CVP 4.0 Config Guide on page 187. I quote:

'To provide dynamic audio file capability, you set the second VRU script parameter to a numeric value, 1-10, prefixed by a dash. You then set the Media Library to either "A", "S", or "V". Unified CVP looks in the corresponding Call.PeripheralVariable for the name of the audio file to play.

When you set the Media Library to "A" or "S", Unified CVP plays the audio file specified by the Call Variable after the "-(number)". For example, if the second VRU Script Parameter is set to "-4", it plays the audio file specified in Call.PeripheralVariable4. This functionality is added for Play Media, Menu, Get Digits, and Get Speech micro-applications.

If you set the Media Library to "V", Unified CVP calls the external VoiceXML file specified by the Call Variable after the "-(number)". If the Script Parameter is set to "-7", for example, it calls the external VoiceXML file specified in Call.PeripheralVariable7.'

(The last would be unusual now as VXML would be done through the ex-Audium product.

The microapp PM,-N where N = 1-10 is also useful for something like agent greeting which I happen to be fiddling with, where the agent's extension (say 74297) is stuffed into a peripheral variable (say 4) and the play media node (PM,-4) looks for a file 74297.wav.

You don't need to append ".wav" to "74297" in the peripheral variable as it looks for that automatically - but if you do, it also works.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi

Has anyone tried to use this to configure the GS,Server,V VRU script name dynamically?

I have a couple of very long VXML applications that are timing out using our standard Network VRU Script for CVP (currently set to Timeout 180).  I don't want to increase this for all applications just these one or two.  As you can't configure multiple Network VRU scripts with the same name I've created a dynamic one GS,-5,V where I pass "Server" into PV5 in the ICM script.  This has a timeout value of 900.

I've got it working so far as playing applications but am experiencing problems with the return of no input (the call comes out the fail leg of the Run Ext. Script node).  It works fine if I input something and I get all my VXML variables back.

In the VRUtrace PIM logs I'm seeing the following for the end of a no input call:

11:33:34.067:  PG->VRU: Service Control Message (= Message Type 47); Message Length 20 bytes
Cancel (= Subtype 19); DialogueID: (127734) 0001f2f6;
   SendSeqNo: (6)00000006
   Invoke ID: (6) 00000006
   Request ID: (5) 00000005
11:33:34.067:  VRU->PG: Service Control Message (= Message Type 47); Message Length 20 bytes
Dialogue Failure Conf (= Subtype 11); DialogueID: (127734) 0001f2f6;
   Invoke ID: (5) 00000005
   Error Code: Operation Canceled (34)
11:33:34.083:  PG->VRU: Service Control Message (= Message Type 47); Message Length 213 bytes
Run Script Req (= Subtype 7); DialogueID: (127734) 0001f2f6;
   SendSeqNo: (7)00000007
   Invoke ID: (7) 00000007
   Script Name: GS,-5,V
   Script Configuration:
   ANI: 4611924
   CED:
   Call Variable 1:
   Call Variable 2:
   Call Variable 3:
   Call Variable 4:
   Call Variable 5: Server
   Call Variable 6:
   Call Variable 7:
   Call Variable 8:
   Call Variable 9:
   Call Variable 10:

The variable set after max no input is in a counter node in the VXML application but it is not getting to ICM.

For a call to the same application when I do enter any DTMF I see the following in the PIM logs

12:33:36.655:  VRU->PG: Service Control Message (= Message Type 47); Message Length 121 bytes
Run Script Result (= Subtype 8); DialogueID: (129959) 0001fba7;
   Invoke ID: (5) 00000005
   Result Code: TRUE
   ECCVar:0: "0B687430-EA6B11DF-9FFE0015-63B8F79A"
   ECCVar:11: "0"
   ECCVar:2: "0"
   ECCVar:9: "N|000|01|00|00|046108|GS,-5,V"
   ECCVar:13[0]: "Done"
12:33:36.671:  PG->VRU: Service Control Message (= Message Type 47); Message Length 16 bytes
Release (= Subtype 20); DialogueID: (129959) 0001fba7;
   Reason: (0) Normal Call Clearing
12:33:36.671:  PG->VRU: Service Control Message (= Message Type 47); Message Length 207 bytes
Connect (= Subtype 9); DialogueID: (129958) 0001fba6;
   SendSeqNo: (2)00000002
   LabelType: (1) Normal
   Label: 3584632
   TransferHint flag: TRUE
   Call Variable 1: Done
   Call Variable 2:
   Call Variable 3:
   Call Variable 4:
   Call Variable 5: Server
   Call Variable 6:
   Call Variable 7:
   Call Variable 8:
   Call Variable 9:
   Call Variable 10:

The VXML application logs are showing normal end results for both calls.

Thanks in advance

Brenda

Green

With other microapp nodes (like Play Media) you can use the the optional "uniqueness value" to differentiate two NVRU scripts:

PM,somefile,1

PM,somefile,2

I use this a lot.

According to the Guide, the uniqueness value applies to the "Get Speech" (GS) microapp, so perhaps you can create

GS,Server,V,1

GS,Server,V,2

with different timeouts.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for this.  After testing it though it seems to act the same as populating the "Server" in a Peripheral Variable.  There must be some kind of other timeout occurring due to the length of the application (over ten minutes long).  It works fine so long as I enter something but the max NI won't return any variables at all and continues to exit on the fail leg of the Run External script node.  I tested it again after removing some of the wav's and it seems that anything under 300 seconds works as expected.  As I needed to get it completed I have now broken this into multiple applications.

Also, could you tell me which 'Guide' you were referring to, it would be handy to have

Thanks again

Brenda

Green

I was referring to the "Configuration and Administration Guide for Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal, Release 7.0(2)", the 15MB PDF on the Cisco web site. Using micro-apps starts on page 190.

Regards,

Geoff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content