cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Enterprise while in queue audible notification

tonyrey
Level 1
Level 1

What would be the best way to generate an audible notification like ringing a phone when a caller is placed in a queue and maybe repeat that notification if so many minutes has passed and nobody has taken the call?

I thought to use "Place a Call" in the IVR with in the queue script but I haven't been able to make the script call the phone. If I used the redirect a call I can but then the call is gone.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

the "Place Call" step is going to be your best option here. Basically, as soon as the call is in queue use the place call step to place the outbound call to this phone (ensure the phone isn't forwarded to voicemail or anything obviously). Then, queue the call for 60 seconds for example. Attached is a sample. I am not sure why the place call didn't work for you before.

please rate helpful posts

adignan - berbee

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

the "Place Call" step is going to be your best option here. Basically, as soon as the call is in queue use the place call step to place the outbound call to this phone (ensure the phone isn't forwarded to voicemail or anything obviously). Then, queue the call for 60 seconds for example. Attached is a sample. I am not sure why the place call didn't work for you before.

please rate helpful posts

adignan - berbee

Adignan, thank you very much for your response. I even tried your script and it also fails. I get an announcement that says the systems has problems to try later. The caller hears one ring but the phone never rings. If I use the call redirect I can ring the phone but then the call is gone from the queue. Do you have any idea why the place call is not working?

Adignan, I resolved the issue. I needed to match the control group ID which was 85 in my case and the Dialog group which was 1. It works like a champ.

Thank you