Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC Express 3.5(3) Enhanced call queueing script

Hi,

My company have been looking at some software that holds a callers call in the queue, after the caller has pressed 1 to select the option and spoken their name and number. Effectively queueing on their behalf, then once an agent becomes available, delivering the callers name and number to the agent, while making an outbound call to the originator.

In summary: inbound call the IPCC Express and all agents are busy -----> caller is given option to hold or press 1 to leave their name and number for a call back once an agent is available ------> agent becomes available, they get a 'queued message' saying the person name and number (which can be manually or automatically dialled) --------> agents makes the call, everyone's happy!

I think that IPCC Express 3.5(3) must be capable of doing this using a combination of dtmf keys, recording keys and maybe a secondary script that monitors for available agents in the original script, however I need some pointers on how to get there. Has anyone used this functionality or have experience in this area.

Please advise, any questions, let me know.

Thanks

Brian

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: IPCC Express 3.5(3) Enhanced call queueing script

Cisco script applications are based on scripts created in the CRA Editor. These applications perform functions such as receiving calls, playing back prompts, receiving caller input, transferring calls and queueing calls.Refer URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008018e228.html#1051883

Brian,

Did you ever figure out a way to do this?

I am interested.

Thanks

unfortunately not yet, planning to ugrade to IPCC Express 4 within a month so might try after that.

Let me know if you find a way first!

Thanks

Did anyone ever find a way to do this? I also have a customer that wants the callers to be able to press a key while in queue to and be able to leave a voicemail.

Thanks

Hi, unfortunately not yet ..... it's on the list of things to look at

Views
Helpful
Replies