cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express 3.5(3)sr2 and VoIP Monitor Server

jmujica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I'm running an IPCC Express on an MCS-7835 (IBM Version). The server comes with 4 Network Cards but it seems 2 of them are disable on the BIOS (haven't check)because they don't appear on the network settings through the Control Panel in Windows. When configuring the Monitor Server I went to regedit and saw that the monitor device was set to one of the disable nic cards, I changed it to the working one but when I restart the Desktop VoIP Monitor Service it fails to start with the following error:

-----

FCVMS112 splk_pcap_open_live() failed. errorBuf = Error opening adapter: Access is denied.

-----

The NIC card is up and running. If I set the monitor device on regedit to the previous one then the service start again.

I don't know if it is related but I can see on the switch port connected to the 2nd NIC Card of the MCS-7835 tons of traffic going to the server hence on the 2nd NIC Card I'm seeing 0 received traffic. How's that posible?

Any ideas? I reboot the server but the problem persist.

-Jose

1 Reply 1

jmujica
Level 1
Level 1

Just to follow up. The problem seems to be solved. The server doesn't have 4 nic cards, it just have 2 of them. But on regedit in network-cards it shows 4 entries (1,2 and 9,10). I was under the impression that entry 1 and 2 was actually the 2 Gigabit Ethernet cards but apparently is id 9 and 10.

After I changed the VoIP Monitor under regedit everything start working and the nic card was receiving all the RSPAN traffic.

Monitoring and Recording are now working as expected but if I go to the Desktop Administrator->Enterprise Data Configuration ->VoIP Monitor I'm unable to see the IP Phones (i.e. Agents) that I'm monitoring hence it still works. I manualy updated the Directory Services but still no luck.

-Jose

Any ideas?