cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC express 3.5 cold standby

applegreen
Level 1
Level 1

I am planing to create a coldstandy IPCC express server by Hard disk RAID mirroring, Do I need some extra copy of license file for it ? thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Fogler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With IPCC Express 3.5 the cold standby server is an exact copy of the the primary IPCC Express server. Therefore you will need to make a copy of the license file and load it onto the standby server during install. Since you are creating the image though RAID miroring. A copy of the license file will automatically be copied over.

Since the cold standby server is an exact copy of the primary, including IP Addressing, only the primary or the standby can be active on the network at any time.

I have attached a link to the IPCC Express 3.5 design guide. Please refer to the section call "Design Considerations for High Availability". Page 34 outlines exactly what must be done to configure the cold standby server.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps1846/c1028/cdccont_0900aecd800f351c.pdf

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Dennis Fogler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With IPCC Express 3.5 the cold standby server is an exact copy of the the primary IPCC Express server. Therefore you will need to make a copy of the license file and load it onto the standby server during install. Since you are creating the image though RAID miroring. A copy of the license file will automatically be copied over.

Since the cold standby server is an exact copy of the primary, including IP Addressing, only the primary or the standby can be active on the network at any time.

I have attached a link to the IPCC Express 3.5 design guide. Please refer to the section call "Design Considerations for High Availability". Page 34 outlines exactly what must be done to configure the cold standby server.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps1846/c1028/cdccont_0900aecd800f351c.pdf