cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express 3.5 to 4.0 upgrade errors

pbaustin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, The migration from 3.5 to 4.0 went Ok until the last part - route points and CTI ports. The documentation informs me to delete these from CCM & then use CRS admin to re-create these. However, when doing this I get an error message "Unable to modify Callmanager". Any ideas ? I did raise a TAC case, but the engineer didn't have much of a clue & I had to revert to 3.5.

Thanks in Advance

Paul

3 Replies 3

Sandy Lee
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question, but I'm trying to upgrade from 3.5(3) to 4.0(5) like you did and I have a question.

The procedure says to re-image the server, I'm already at 2000.4.4sr3, do I really have to re-install the OS image from scratch? If I do that, all my data will be wiped out. Can I re-install only a SR or apply the latest one ?

Thanks!

Sandy.

I just upgraded our system from 3.5(3)SR1 to 4.0(5a) over the March 3 weekend.

It was an intense process. We ran into two problems. 1) Cisco gave us the wrong license file 2) We were at BARS 4.0(8) and we needed BARS 4.0(12). The pre-install check didn't catch these two things, and it took us several attempts before the upgrade succeeded. -Just an FYI

As for the re-image, I can guarantee you that it does want a complete re-image. You need your CallManager OS install disks, latest OS Updates, and SR's. I was surprised as well that it required a re-image, but it did.

Best of luck.

I guess that the CRS server knows at what point it is during the upgrade & so needs to be re-imaged. It doesn't take long to re-image & you have to make backups as well so you don't really lose too much.

p.s. I did it in a lab & it only took me 4 hours so not so bad.

Good Luck

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: