Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC Express 4.0(3) /w workflowSDK 3.0 -- Tracing custom subsystems

Hello,

i'm extending my IPCCX with custom subsystems.

As a first start, i've adapted the 'simple subsystem'.

It is running fine, but i have trouble to access the tracing-service with this constellation.

The docs aren't helpful, because the sdk-doc are written for IPCCX 3.x and the 4.x admin- and serviceability-guides are ignoring the fact that you can build custom subsystems :/

The accessing implementation:

-------------------------------

private void initTracing()

{

WFSubsystemContainer subsysContainer = getContainer();

trace = subsysContainer.addTracingService("SS_SIMPLE");

}

Well, the SS_SIMPLE is recognized in the MIVRnn.log, but it throws an exception:

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-UNABLE_LOAD_CATALOG:Unable to load log catalog: Catalog=MIVR_SS_SIMPLE,Exception=java.util.MissingResourceException: can't find resource for MIVR_SS_SIMPLE_de_DE,Nested Exception=null

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION:java.util.MissingResourceException: can't find resource for MIVR_SS_SIMPLE_de_DE

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at com.cisco.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:1494)

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at com.cisco.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:1375)

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at com.cisco.log.impl.LogImpl.<init>(LogImpl.java:437)

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at com.cisco.log.impl.LogManagerImpl.getLog(LogManagerImpl.java:847)

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at com.cisco.log.impl.LogManagerImpl.getLog(LogManagerImpl.java:885)

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at com.cisco.log.Log.getLog(Log.java:217)

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at com.cisco.wfapi.impl.WFTracingLogImpl.<init>(WFTracingLogImpl.java:60)

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at com.cisco.wfapi.impl.WFSubsystemContainerImpl.addTracingService(WFSubsystemContainerImpl.java:165)

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at SimpleSubsystem.initTracing(SimpleSubsystem.java:65)

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at SimpleSubsystem.init(SimpleSubsystem.java:45)

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at com.cisco.wfapi.subsystem.WFGenericSubsystem.init(WFGenericSubsystem.java:87)

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at com.cisco.wfframework.engine.core.SubsystemManager.startSubsystems(SubsystemManager.java:379)

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at com.cisco.wfframework.engine.core.SubsystemManager.start(SubsystemManager.java:255)

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at com.cisco.wfframework.engine.WFEngine.run(WFEngine.java:346)

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at com.cisco.wfframework.engine.WFEngine.start(WFEngine.java:177)

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

MIVR-LOG_MGR-3-EXCEPTION: at com.cisco.manager.impl.ManagerManagerImpl$10.run(ManagerManagerImpl.java:3510)

Is there a problem with my locales? (de_DE)

/to be continued (thx to a limit of 4000 chars)

1 REPLY

Re: IPCC Express 4.0(3) /w workflowSDK 3.0 -- Tracing custom sub

Despite the exception, levels 4-6 are enabled:

MIVR-LOG_MGR-6-CATALOG_LOADED:Log catalog loaded: Catalog=MIVR_SS_SIMPLE

MIVR-SS_SIMPLE-4-ON:Enabling WARNING messages

MIVR-SS_SIMPLE-5-ON:Enabling NOTICE messages

MIVR-SS_SIMPLE-6-ON:Enabling INFORMATIONAL messages

MIVR-SS_SIMPLE-7-OFF:Disabling DEBUGGING messages

MIVR-SS_SIMPLE-7-OFF:Disabling XDEBUGGING messages

MIVR-SS_SIMPLE-7-OFF:Disabling XDEBUGGING2 messages

MIVR-SS_SIMPLE-7-OFF:Disabling XDEBUGGING3 messages

MIVR-SS_SIMPLE-7-OFF:Disabling XDEBUGGING4 messages

MIVR-SS_SIMPLE-7-OFF:Disabling XDEBUGGING5 messages

But if i try to trace via

trace.Trace(WFTracingLog.INFO, "foo");

then following happens in the log:

MIVR-SS_SIMPLE-3-UNK:Invalid non-debug message: Level=6, Exception=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invalid level

In addition, the SS_SIMPLE does appear in the control-center, but it does _not_ appear in the tracing-configuration (caused by the first exception?)

Any advice is appreciated.

Best regards,

Sven Budde

PS: tracing via trace.trace("foo"); is entirely ignored.

Views
Helpful
Replies