Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPCC Express 4.0(4) - How to: Install Customer Provided SQL 2000 License

With IPCC Express 4.X out of the box IPCC Express no longer installs SQL Server as its base DB server component, but instead installs Microsoft MSDE 2000 which works fine if you are going to maintain a standalone IPCC Express solution. However, if you want to go to high availability you are required to have SQL 2000 Enterprise Edition in order to get the SQL clustering required for IPCC Express' High Availability (HA) option.

As I understand it, Cisco encourages two options, A) customer provides a SQL 2000 Enterprise Edition license or B) purchase, at additional cost, the Cisco customized SQL 2000 Enterprise Edition license and software. My customer wants to go with option A because they have a Microsoft VLA already and want to keep their software under one contract. My question is this, how do I properly install/upgrade SQL 2000 Enterprise Edition on the IPCC Express 4.X server? Also, which point do I install it, before or after the initial IPCC Express Install?

I know with Cisco's provided version of SQL you check a box during the IPCC Express Setup that states you want to install SQL2K which then Cisco's SQL installer basically performs an upgrade on the MSDE 2000 and then does some sort of schema update.

Please help, just trying to find a good solution for installing a customer provided SQL license. Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: IPCC Express 4.0(4) - How to: Install Customer Provided SQL

This should answer yout question:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_4_0/english/administ/crs401sq.pdf

You install SQL server after IPCC is installed.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Re: IPCC Express 4.0(4) - How to: Install Customer Provided SQL

I'm also looking to upgrade the MSDE to SQL 2000 Enterprise on my IPCC 4.X. Can anyone provide me the Cisco part# and product description for the Cisco provided SQL 2000 Enterprise software.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content