cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

IPCC Express 4.0(4) Upgrade to SR1 Problems

Hi.

I'm trying to upgrade CRS 4.0(4) to CRS4.0(4)SR01. I open BARS on the BARS server (CCM Publisher) and I selected the restore wizard and select the correct SR01 and also one of the servers. After a while it says to go to each server on the cluster (4 servers on mine) and run CRS Update Utility from there.

Running the CRS Update Utility and selecting the SR01 patch it says "The Update Utility is unable to copy the contents of the patch". I'm having the same error on all servers and I'm unable to finish the upgrade process.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced,

-Jose

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: IPCC Express 4.0(4) Upgrade to SR1 Problems

You are running into a bug here. The bug deails:

CSCsb17809 - Update Utility is unable to copy the Contents of the Patch

Workaround: Copy the patch archives to a path which has no spaces, Eg: (C:\PatchArchives) and then run the Update Tool.

Community Member

Hi,

Make sure that the file path does not contain any space. I tried it and it worked for me.

Community Member

Ok. I got it working. I was having the .tar file on the desktop and it wasn't working. I moved the file on a folder under C: drive and it works . Probably something related to permissions I think..

Thanks to all.

-Jose

Community Member

No it is not due to permissions, this is exactly what was explained by other fellow "bug". Since your desktop folder is under few other folders and they have a space in their name and that is why you were unable.

Thanks, Ovais.

Community Member

Exact ! the Desktop folder is under the 'Documents and Settings' folder which contains space.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content