Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

IPCC Express 4.0 License

Can IPCCX 3.5 license be used when installing/upgrading to 4.0(x)?

Chris

4 REPLIES

Re: IPCC Express 4.0 License

3.5 License will not work for installing 4.0.x.

I had to open a tac case with the licensing team. They converted the 3.5.X license to 4.0.X license and emailed the actual lic file.

- Purush

Cisco Employee

You need to get a new 4.0 license for the upgrade.

However you require the 3.x license also during the upgrade.

I had to send an email to licensing@cisco.com to have the license file upgraded to use with 4.0(x).

As others have stated, you will require a new license file in order to upgrade to IPCCX 4.0. However, my additional insight is this:

Unfortunately, the documentation indicates that you are emailed a PAK code when you go through the PUT process. This is not accurate. Nor will your media contain a PAK sticker on it like it typically does.

The only solution is to open up a case with Cisco (licensing@cisco.com), refer to your upgrade order number (included in the PAK-related emails from mp-upgrades@cisco.com) and send them an existing license which they will convert.

In all three 3.5->4.0(4) upgrades I've done, it's taken more than one try with licensing@ to get the new licenses "completely" right. But the licensing folks are pretty on the ball.

-jd

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content