Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC Express Call Redirect

I have a client who wishes to have a call redirected to the VM of an extension rather than ringing the extension. I've configured CCM & Unity to recognize the "star" key preceeding the extension as a means to go directly to voicemail, and this works from an IP phone. Problem is, when I use the *XXXXXXX string as a variable, the redirect is unsuccessful from the script. If I take the star out of the string, it will redirect as configured to the extension. Any thoughts? Does IPPC-X (4.04) not allow non-numeric characters in string values? Thanks

8 REPLIES
Silver

Re: IPCC Express Call Redirect

It is not possible to use the Redirect step to redirect a call to an extension of the Call Manager that would start with * or #.

Use a call consult transfer instead of a call redirect. Works the same way but it allows the use of the * symbol.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll give it a shot next time I need to do this.

Call consult didn't work either.... I can redirect to the DN of the phone with no problems, just not the pattern containing the star, which is in the Internal partition.

What do you hear when you use the "*xxxx" ? Also make sure the CSS is correct.

I can hear it dialing the digits, and then I get the "We are experiencing system problems" prompt. I've looked at the CSS for the CTI_RP, and it is has visability into the relative partitions. I can also take the "*" out of DN string, and the call redirect/consult transfers normally.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Try changing the variable to begin with some unique DN and then perform a translation on CCM, for example assume 55 does not overlap with any extensions, create TP of "55XXXXXXX" which translates it to *XXXXXXX, assign this TP to a new parition that is only accassable from CSS of the cti ports, this way even if 55 is used within the system it does not affect phones dialing it directly.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for the tip. I actually created a TP using an internally unique number, and configured the CP transform mask to the *XXXXXXX number that I needed to access via the script and got it working.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content