Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC EXPRESS IP IVR WITH DATABASE ORACLE

Any help will be apreciated, I am new with the IPCC Express and I need to implement the IP IVR with database Oracle. Does any know where can find information about how to do it?

REGARDS

WF

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: IPCC EXPRESS IP IVR WITH DATABASE ORACLE

IPCC Express & IP IVR are definitely capable of integrating with an Oracle database. Both platforms support ODBC integration with Oracle via the Script Editor.

I have provided a link to the script development documentation. You will probably want to focus on the "CRS Scripting & Development Series Volume 2", specifically pages 12-2 through 12-12.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_programming_reference_guides_list.html

Thank very much for answering.

I have a system with IPCC Express Premium and a customer needs to use the IP IVR.

In order to able Oracle Link, do I need something on the MCS SERVER where IPCC Express is installed??

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

REGARDS

WF.

Cisco Employee

On the MCS Server that has IPCCx installed you will need to set up a ODBC system DSN to point IPCCx to the correct Database. The DSN is then referenced in the call flow script when the database connection is made.

Thank very much for helping.

I have a question, do I need the driver ODBC ORACLE installed on the MCS server??

Regards

Walter Flores

Cisco Employee

Walter,

The ODBC Driver should be installed on the MCS Server. It should already be on the server. Windows 2000 automatically installs the "Micrsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle v2.593"

To verify, goto Control Panel => Administrative Tools => Data Sources (ODBC) => System DSN => Click Add.

The Microsoft for Oracle should be about half way down on the list of drivers.

Thank for answering dfogler.

Does the IP IVR within IPCC Express support Store Procedures for integrating with database Oracle 9i?

Regards

Walter

Views
Helpful
Replies