Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC Express Monitoring and recording issues

I'm trying to silent monitor and record agents using IPCC express 4.0(3).

I did't configure SPAN ports as I want to use desktop monitoring.

The agent is logged in CAD using a laptop attached to the PC back port of a 7960.

When I try to monitor it using CSD I don't hear nothing, also the recording feature doesn't work.

I configured the RmCm subsytem and it runs correctly also the monitor and recording service on the CRS server run properly.

Did I miss something in the configuration?

Thanks in advance.

13 REPLIES

Re: IPCC Express Monitoring and recording issues

Make sure the NIC on the PC can do 802.1Q so it knows what to grab.

I had the same issue. In Callmanager, under the Agent's phone, set the "Span to PC port" to "Enabled".

Be sure the registry key configuration is correct (HKLM\Software\Spanlink\Site Setup\ and HKLM\Software\Spanlink\Voice Monitor Server). Then, try to check if Desktop Monitoring is correctly checked from the Administrator Desktop with the correct VoIP Monitor Server.

did u double check the cisco desktop monitorng in the desktop administrator

Were you able to resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem and can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks,

Doug

Hello Guys make sure in CDA that only desktop monitoring is checked with not monitorng server assigned to either the Supervisor or the Agent , and please make sure to describe your configuration so i can assist u more i have it working

Why does assigning a monitoring server to the Supervisor or the Agent break it?

My configuration:

CallManager 5.0, IPCC Enhanced 4.5

I'm getting silence when I try using Desktop Monitoring or Recording.

I have verified that the phones have spanning to the pc enabled, verified that desktop monitoring is checked. I have verified that the NIC driver is NDIS compliant, but I have not done the NDIS test from Cisco. Any ideas that you may have would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Doug

when assigning a monitor server its not using the desktop monitoring but trying to use the spaning port they don work together , but u can leave the default monitor server

I too am having the same issue. I see the recordings but they are just silence. I do not see a span to pc port in ccm under the device configuration. Is this the spot I should be looking?

The item may say "PC Voice VLAN Access" under the device configuration, it varies slightly depending on version.

I have run into this issue before with PCs having 802.1q compliant NICs and still not working. I believe it was a driver issue as the PCs running win2k were not working versus the PCs that did work were running winXP. There was a slight driver version change between the two.

Thanks for the reply. Couple of questions?

1. How do you know if your nic card is compliant?

2. The PC voice VLAN Access is set to enabled. I assume that is correct?

I would check the following tech note:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a008075025a.shtml

Read this, then scroll to the bottom to Supplementary Information. Under here you will find information on qualifying ethernet cards as well as a list of tested NICs.

Thanks for the document. I'll keep you posted on what the problem was when I figure this out.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content