Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC Express no MoH when call on hold

Hi,

I have got the following problem:

- when an agent receives a call and puts it on hold the caller does not hear any music on hold

- when the icd puts the call on hold the caller does hear the MoH

- when you call the agent on his icd extension and he puts the call on hold the caller does hear the MoH.

Any ideas why the caller doesn't hear te MoH when the agent put the call on hold.

Thanks for your feedback,

Fred

3 REPLIES

Re: IPCC Express no MoH when call on hold

On call Manager Please check the Moh is enabled for the device pool of which agent phone is part of .

Secondly apply the Moh file on the phone itself

Fred,

I don't know the answer, but have noticed on Phone configuration, and Line configuration, there are two "Hold Audio Source" input fields, they are:

User Hold Audio Source

Network Hold Audio Source

Maybe while your question is being answered, someone could shed some light on the differences in these two "Hold Audio Sources", along with when to use them, and when not to.

I'm thinking one is for regular phone line users - and the other has to do with calls being held in queue - but am not sure.

I've wondered if there is a way to do a system wide setting, instead of having to set each line and phone to have MOH. But, then I wonder if a system wide setting would cause problems elsewhere.

Hope you don't this question being inserted into this thread - it seems to be on the same topic as what you are asking about. I'll be watching to see what kind of answers you receive.

Nat

Silver

Fred,

If not already set, try setting the User Hold and Network Hold on the ICD line and see if that helps. I know this is not necessary as it would take whatever is set at the device level, device pool, service parameter in that order, but its worth a try.

Nat,

User Hold is used when the user puts the caller on hold.

Network Hold is used when a call is being tranfered by the user.

There is a service parameter that allows you to set these system wide

Default Network Hold MOH Audio Source ID

Default User Hold MOH Audio Source ID

A better option would be to do this at the Device Pool level.

Regards,

Anup

Views
Helpful
Replies