Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC Express Premium Question

Does anyone have a way in IPCC to be able to take a call out of queue connect it to the agent and then play a greeting so both can hear? Basically, I?m wanting to play an automated welcome greeting personalized to each agent. The problem is the delay between the end of the greeting and when the call connects(auto-answered) the customer may have already spoken a few words. Anyone have any ideas?

2 REPLIES
Green

Re: IPCC Express Premium Question

This is usually called "agent greeting",

Some TDM switches - notably the Rockwell - do this really well. This is a feature that many customers have asked for and Cisco would do well to put it on their enhancement list.

This is how I would like it to work.

The recording would be a WAV file that is stored on the CallManager in the same way that a phone's config file (XML) is stored on CallManager and downloaded by the IP phone when it boots up. As the phone boots it would also download the WAV file.

It would be configured by the user of the phone in the same way that speed dials are changed, using that sort of Web page and access. Upload of a recorded greeting would be possible. Of course, the WAV file would have to be G.711.

The IP phone would be responsible for playing the greeting so both can hear it. The caller would be streamed the file. The agent would hear the WAV file in a fake way - not really a conference. But all the agent needs is to get the timing right, and to know when to expect the customer to start talking.

I have not tried this on IPCC Express (where your desktop is CAD), but in IPCC using CTIOS you can modify the code, so it's a bit easier to close the timing window.

The idea is to do a single-step conference to a route point running a IP IVR script, which looks at the peripheral variables to figure out which agent (extension) has the call. If it can, it could make a prompt using that as the name of the WAV file. If it can't, the custom CTIOS code may have to set a Peripheral Variable. Once it plays the prompt it releases, dropping itself out of the conference leg. Now the caller and agent are talking.

When I experimented with this using one of the sample Soft Phones that come with IPCC Enterprise toolkit, and modifying the VB code so I could do a single-step conference, it did work but I heard the annoying "beep-beep" as the conference engaged. Maybe this could be fixed by substituting silence for music on hold.

There are some other problems here, and I had heard that Cisco were planning to implement a true single-step Conference at the JTAPI level that would help make this work better. I don't know the progress of that.

I can say, from pre-sales experience, we get hit with this request quite regularly and I think it's a hole in the Cisco offering.

Regards,

Geoff

Blue

Re: IPCC Express Premium Question

Anyone seen any updates from Cisco on this? We have been doing basically the same thing Geoff suggested for a while and silens for MOH does indeed work. This isn't possible with CAD however.

I agree, we get this request quite frequently and it would a great feature to have in both IPCC Express and Enterprise.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content