cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express script hangs up on agent

pbogomolnyi
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 scripts. Script1 calls script2, which in turn selects a resource and extends the call to the resource. Each script by itself works just fine. However, when used together, the connect step that follows select resource step acts abnormally: the agent phone rings, agents picks up, IPCC hangs up the agent's phone, puts the agent in reserved state, and the connect step takes the failed branch.

I have stripped both scripts down to bare bone, removed any data that passes from Script1 to Script2. Both scripts are attached, if anyone had a similar issue or can take a quick look, I would grately appreciate it.

Pavel.

7 Replies 7

davidwomer
Level 1
Level 1

Pavel,

Make sure your agent phone DN is not set to call forward. I've seen a similar issue with the agent line set to Call Forward all.

-Dave

--please remember to rate helpful posts!

No, it's not set to CFA. Thanks anyway.

tom
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue. Script1 calls Script2 in order to play a message to an agent.

when the agent phone rings, the debugging shows the script "hanging" on the connect step.

the agent phone rings, and when the agent answers it, the call stays in "offering" state. After 10 seconds, the call is pulled back into queue, and the process repeats with the next agent.

eventually, the call might be connected successfully -- but it takes several tries.

Was a solution ever found to this I am having the same issue, probably something simple...

Yes, the problem was that the device pool assigned to the CTI ports had multicast MoH. CTI ports do not support multicast MoH and that's why when one script tried to put another script on hold (and effectively stream MoH to it), that operation failed. I resolved this by assigning a different device pool to the IPCC's CTI ports.

Hope it helps!

Pavel Bogomolnyi

Pavel,

You are a tremendous help! That was exactly my problem. Five stars.

Thank you so much for solving that headache for me.

Dave Finnegan

Dave,

My pleasure. This problem was driving me up the wall for over a week until TAC DE's got involved and pinpointed the problem by looking at CCM traces.

Glad I could help

Pavel Bogomolnyi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: