Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express Scripting Custom Variable

dzhowell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Within IPCC Express 3.5(3) can I define a variable that I can reference in many scripts?

For example; I could set a variable to 1 on a script1 and then on another script2 I would have an IF statement referencing that variable on script 1.

I can't seem to find a method to do this.

Many Thanks

D

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It is the same case with 4.0.

Guys take a look at the Script Repository

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_implementation_design_guides_list.html

Check out the State_Check and State_Update scritps under IP-IVR folder, this is exactly what you want to do.

I create a similar script for a customer who needed to set Fire Drill variable and redirect all new and queued calls to voicemail when the variable is set, in all the IPCC scripts I used the State_Check as a subflow at the begining of the script and then in the queue loop.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunatelly you cannot, I usually define an XML file and list the variables there, and then use that file in all the scripts to read/write this variable.

HTH,

Chris

Hello Chris,

could you possibly provide a script and XML example of this as we would like to do this same thing.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Chris,

Thanks for you reply. Is this the same with all software versions? I could upgrade to 4.0(3).

Any info would be much appreciated, as I cannot find much about creating XLM documents in the Cisco Documentation.

Many Thanks

D

It is the same case with 4.0.

Guys take a look at the Script Repository

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_implementation_design_guides_list.html

Check out the State_Check and State_Update scritps under IP-IVR folder, this is exactly what you want to do.

I create a similar script for a customer who needed to set Fire Drill variable and redirect all new and queued calls to voicemail when the variable is set, in all the IPCC scripts I used the State_Check as a subflow at the begining of the script and then in the queue loop.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I have set this up, but not really a guru at xml.

Do the currentstate.xml and systemstate.xml have to be programmed in xml, or are they created automatically, do I just create the blank files and name them .xml extension?

I notice that it replaces the"currentstate" with the system variable, contained in state.

Could you supply the xml files.

Thanks for your help again.

D

Chris,

thanks for that link for the State_Check and State_Update scripts. That totally did the trick. I've tested them both and they work beautifuly. I'll definetly be using these in our scripts for our Fire Drills/Emergency situations.

David, I've attached a ZIP file that contains the currentstate.xml and systemstate.xml as Chris described. They worked for me, so hopefully they should work for you. They need to go in the C:\Program Files\wfavvid directory on your IPCC server in order to work.

The currentstate.xml file will get updated each time the State_Update.aef script gets called and the user chooses the appropriate action, whereas the systemstate.xml file remains the same.

Joe

Thanks Joe and Chris,

Have managed to get this working, now and works a treat. Good way of setting a Variable!

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: