cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express - unable to debug scripts from desktop

vplahitko
Level 4
Level 4

IPCC Express 4.0(4), Script Editor - can not run debug from the desktop. It returns the following error:

error marshalling arguments; nested excpetion is: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error.

Debugging works fine from the server console, but any suggestions as to why it fails from the desktop would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's just the way it is, you cannot debug it from anywhere other than the server, at least I have not been able to figure it out either.

Chris

While I have CRS 4.0.5, I have managed to debug a script remotely. Admittedly, it is a subflow script that accesses a database (and for good measure I made sure I have the same DSN on my box.. although it appears that it has to be on your CRS server as DB access only started working when I had the DSN defined on the CRS server, and added the data source to the CRS system), but at least that shows it's not impossible.

My next step will be an attempt to debug a script that includes call flow steps (I figure in that case the script would at least have to be deployed on the server and a trigger be created but I'm just guessing here).

prayharder
Level 1
Level 1

I have IPCC 4.0(4) and I have been able to debug scripts remotely from the start. I did try to use windows vista's beta (longhorn) and had the same message (I believe) and it was a Java version problem, but I was never able to get vista to work. I haven't tried with the RC1 or a full version yet. I would start with checking your Java version or OS.

I've just managed to debug the first interactive scripts.

I don't recall doing anything special and while CRS appears to be using Java 1.4.2, I'm using 1.5.0_09 - but then again CRS comes with its own Java runtime.

Are you sure there's no firewall coming into play? After all development boxes are usually located outside of the voice lan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: