Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC-Express version 4 FailSafe mode / error

Hello all,

I am facing failsafe error in IPCC express version 4 in our contact/sevice center.IPCC integrated with CUCM version 4.1.3.We have 7835 servers (PUB and IPCC) running 4.0 with 50 agents.Hard disk Total capacity is 36 GB only 1.7GB space left and Ram is 2GB this is in PUB server.Where as in IPCC server RAM is 4GB and 36GB of Hard disk.

What I have notice to login into the Publisher server the CPU performance is 100% every few second to few minutes.The CPU performance is fine at IPCC server and at sub server.The jtapi provider is registered with pub 1st then sub 2nd.

where as call processing is done by sub 1st then pub.Also in IPPC the jtapi is registered with pub and sub host name not with IPs.We have DNS environment.

What I have done so for when the cpu goes to 100% usage on that we did 2 to 3 test call from the PSTN to the call centre number and the call centre IP phones goes into failsafe mode.(Meaning all phones ringing at the same time).So we are able to create this kind of error by ouself.So atleast we find that this is due to high use of cpu in pub.

I am not 100% sure exactly this is causing or something else or Is it hardware or application issue?

I need expert views on this topic and please explore some of other issues related to this error.

You help and expert views are really very much appreciated.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES

Hi Azhar,

Could you please open the windows task manager and sort the CPU parameter, and check which are the processes that are consuming higher percentage of it.

After this you can check the CRS logs (MIVR\MCVD\MADM\JTAPI) to know why it so happening so.

You may think of upgrading the CRS box to latest versions.

Please rate the posts (by clicking on the stars below the right answer) if its helpful.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Thanks Anchoudh for your reply.I restart the pub machine and it kills all the running process.It went fine for few hrs then it start happening again.

I am not sure about the CRS logs.Can you please tell me the path and what section I have to look.

Regarding Upgrade of CRS it is not planned and company said we do not have buget to do this at this moment.They want to improve the performance using existing hardware and applications.

Can you please suggest what other section I have to look to improve the performance.

Thanks for your help and time.

Azhar

Hi Azhar,

You need to see whoich is the CRS process (from the Task manager of windows->Processes->CPU) that is consuming more percentage of it.

And accordingly you need to check the logs for the reason behind it.

CRS logs are located in the below path,

C:\Program Files\wfavvid\log

But i am not sure if it gives you the reason for higher CUP usage....etc.

If you can open the Cisco TAC case, they might be helpful interms of getting this higher CPU's down...etc.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Re: IPCC-Express version 4 FailSafe mode / error

Thanks Anand, I will check it tomorrow.We contacted to Cisco TAC but he

said we are not supporting this version any more.So no luck.

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 12:42 PM, anchoudh <

Hi Azhar,

Hopefully you will find the reason for it, good luck.

Please dont forget to rate the hepful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers.

Thanks,

Anand

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content