cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Failover

jeff.heath
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed 2 x IPCC Express Enhanced Servers one master and one as a slave. All components are showing status as in service. One is showing as the master service and one as the slave service. Yet when I take the master off line to test redundancy noone can long into ipcc. The message I an getting is Selected IPPA service is not active. Select another IPAA service. can anybody help.

Regards

Jeff

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Try:

Verify that all the CAD services are running, that Tomcat along with IPPA service is up and running.

View solution in original post

scott.searle
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like you are using the IP Phone Agent. You will need to create 2 IP Phone Agent Login services in Callmanager. One pointing to the Master and one pointing to the slave for the IPPA service.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Try:

Verify that all the CAD services are running, that Tomcat along with IPPA service is up and running.

scott.searle
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like you are using the IP Phone Agent. You will need to create 2 IP Phone Agent Login services in Callmanager. One pointing to the Master and one pointing to the slave for the IPPA service.

This still the only way to achieve failover in a IPPA scenario? Anyone have any success using a load balancer or some type of DNS magic to achive automatic failover?

Thanks,

Mark

I wrote a utility in C last year to detect when the service went inactive and it switch the host record using microsoft DNS. Let me dig us the source and port it!

Chad

Chad did you ever find the source code for this and would be willing to share?

Thanks,

Mark