Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Fallback to CCM

pratik.rb
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Pros,

How can I make IPCC Fallback to CCM if it fails? My IPCC has one application & a pilot number of 999000. Now, in case IPCC Server fails I need to direct calls to agents using Hunting. I understand calls would be transferred to agents desktop in round-robin.

I need to know is this possible & how can I enable it.

I am using IPCC Express 4.0 Enhanced & CCM 4.1.3

Regards,

Pratik

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Enable Forward no answer for the Route point to go to the pilot number. So, basically that means if the IVR application RP fails, then the hunt group will kick in. Looks like you already have the huntgroup

Please rate posts

View solution in original post

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Recently set up a call center in this fashion. On the route points CFB, CFNA, CFonFailure to hunt pilot's number. The linegroup mapped to the hunt pilot may be set to Longest idle, broadcast, top down or circular.

One thing that I noticed is that, if you set CFB to the hunt pilot on the CTI RP, and you have (say) 10 cti ports controlled by the CTI RP, and if 10 calls are already in the queue, you may experience the 11th call and up go to the agents via the hunt pilot, because the route point is busy.

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Enable Forward no answer for the Route point to go to the pilot number. So, basically that means if the IVR application RP fails, then the hunt group will kick in. Looks like you already have the huntgroup

Please rate posts

I would also recommand enabling forward Busy and forward Failure, all pointing to the CCM Hunt Pilot.

Chris

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Recently set up a call center in this fashion. On the route points CFB, CFNA, CFonFailure to hunt pilot's number. The linegroup mapped to the hunt pilot may be set to Longest idle, broadcast, top down or circular.

One thing that I noticed is that, if you set CFB to the hunt pilot on the CTI RP, and you have (say) 10 cti ports controlled by the CTI RP, and if 10 calls are already in the queue, you may experience the 11th call and up go to the agents via the hunt pilot, because the route point is busy.

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Are Hunt groups also okay to implement in CM version 3.3 as IPCC Fallback?

Yes. That shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, however there are no line groups as in CCM 4.0+, so you'll need to use the Attendant Console hunt groups.

Chris

Will this work for IPCC Enterprise? Should the Agents be logged in both Cisco Desktop and Attendant Console in order to achieve the fallback to ccm??

Yes, it can be done with IPCC Enterpise and Express. The fallback assumes that IPCC is down, so agents will not be logged in to CAD, you do not need to log anyone to AC, in the AC hunt list enter extensions instead of users.

Chris