Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC Prompts

I was just wondering if the prompts in IPCC Express need to be recorded in any certain way. Basically, the issue I am running into is that we hired some company to professionally record new prompts for us. They have sent us some sample wav files to test out and when I put them into a script just using the "play prompt" in a script, it does not play. I have debugged the script and the script does go to that step but just goes right on by never playing the prompt. I was just wondering if the prompts need to be recorded a certain way, or if anyone may have any ideas as to what would cause the prompt not to play and could shed some light I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES
Gold

Re: IPCC Prompts

Hi,

If you are using G.711 codec you must have your wav prompts recorded in this way: CCITT u-law, 8Khz, 8 bit, Mono.

Ig you are using G.729, you will need any converter form your actual format to G.729, but the converters are not free, usually.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

There is a installable G.729 converter on the Unity servers. You can install it in any windows box. Not sure what the lic conotations are but it works. Just do a search for 729 on the Unity box.

Thank you for the heads up on that. I did a search and found the converter just to be safe. Thanks again.

Juan - thank you very much for the pointers. It turns out that the prompts were not in the correct format so I used the windows sound application on the server to convert it to way you described and it worked like a charm. Thank you once again for your help.

Views
Helpful
Replies