Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Recovery Question

mo.ragheb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently made a ghost copy of a live IPCC server onto a server that will be an offline backup (it will have the exact same settings such as IP address etc).

I then ran BARS on the original IPCC server so that i can update the backup IPCC server. Before running BARS on the backup server, i tried deleting a few applications to simulate a data loss scenario. After running the BARS utility on the backup server, none of the applications were restored. I need to know what exactly is restored when i run BARS on an IPCC express server. Thanks

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the following link. There is a section called "What Data Does the BARS Utility Back Up?"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00804ba5a9.html

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Thanks,

Brandon

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response. The link really helped. Do you know any way to restore the applications/java triggers/route points if the BARS utility doesn't do it? Thanks

These items should be restored. I had the occasion to perform a restore recently and all of my applications, triggers, etc. were restored. I was on 3.1(3) at the time. What versions of IPCC and BARS are you running.

Brandon

I'm running IPCC 3.5 and BARS 4.0.5.

The CCM (4.0) is the server that runs the BARS, while IPCC is the BARS target.

Upgrade BARS to the latest version which I believe is 4.0(8). Make sure you upgrade on CCM and IPCC servers.

Brandon

Application profiles are stored in LDAP, is your LDAP on the same machine as IPCC?

Wei

I believe the LDAP is on the CCM. Would i have to restore the CCM and IPCC in order to restore the applications? The entire time i was just restoring the IPCC server only.

I believe so. I used to have IPCC server failure without backup, I reinstalled and pointed it to the LDAP on CCM, and all IPCC configurations showed up.

In the above link, the latest version of IPCC will backup LDAP as well, so it will restore all for you.

Wei

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: