cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Script help

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a script that I would like to add for instance press 1 for HR and the caller be able to press 1 to transfer to the HR number. I do not know much about scripts and I'm having a hard time finding out how to do this from the documentation. I have IPCC Express 4.0. Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomasarun
Level 1
Level 1

You can use The 'Menu' step for ur requirement.The prompt selected in menu u have to add wav file saying 'press 1 for HR'.

After selecting the particular script in the IPCC application menu there u will get option for adding the HR Extn.Since the particular string is specified as a parameter u can change the extn of HR from the IPCC application menu itself no need for editing the script.

HTH

Arun

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

webberr
Level 1
Level 1

In the script you can add a "Get Digit String" step. You'll notice that this step has a 'prompt' tab that will play a wav file (such as "For HR, press 1. For...). You can assign the digit string to a variable (Result Digit String).

You can then use some type of conditional step (such as if...then) to look at what was collected. If the digit was a "1" you can use the Call Redirect step to send it to the extension for HR, etc.

Hope this helps

Rob.

Rob,

Thanks for the help Rob. I have been playing with the call redirect step but I do not see how to add the number that is suppose to be called. I think you have to add a varible on this step but I don't see how to do it. Any help would be very apprecaited.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Create a variable with a Type of "String" and a meaningful name, like HRExtension. In the Value field put in the extension, encloxsed with quotes (the quotes should already be there for you). So if the extension for HR is 3500, the Value would be "3500"

In the call redirect step under 'Properties' choose a Destination from the pull-down menu of HRExtension (or whatever Name you assigned the variable).

Then save the script and upload it to the server and refresh the script and app. Note that the CTI ports assigned to the server need to have a Calling Search Space that can dial 3500 (or whatever the extension is).

Rob.

Thanks very much Rob a little clearer for me. Can I ask the best way to learn IPCC. The documentation is hard to understand. Is there a class that you can recommend. Thanks

Hi Jason,

Glad that helped. I agree with you - I think IPCC Express scripting documentation is terrible, especially given that the scripting language (to me) is very non-intuitive.

Unfortunately most of what I've learned has been by trial and error...no good classes/docs that I'm aware of.

Rob.

I was in the same boat when we first installed IPCC. I took a class from Skyline-ATS and that helped tremendously. Here is the link to the course that I took: http://www.skyline-ats.com/Corporate/Training/T_CourseDetailClass.php?ClassId=757

There are several other companies out there that offer IPCCX training as well. You may also want to check Cisco's training site http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/index.html. Hope that helps.

Regards

Brian

thomasarun
Level 1
Level 1

You can use The 'Menu' step for ur requirement.The prompt selected in menu u have to add wav file saying 'press 1 for HR'.

After selecting the particular script in the IPCC application menu there u will get option for adding the HR Extn.Since the particular string is specified as a parameter u can change the extn of HR from the IPCC application menu itself no need for editing the script.

HTH

Arun

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: