Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC Standby MSDE/SQL!!!

i have 2 Call Managers version 4.2

i have installed IPCc express on the PUB and did configured it with a cluster profile and all other configs

than i moved to the SUB and installed the IPCC as well joining the same cluster profile. the installation was ok until i begin configuration at the sub, it gives me that IPCC is running on MSDE even though the SQL is installed due to the fact that i have CCM SUB.

please note that i have installed the full IPCC express components on both servers, also note that during the installation of the IPCC it asks if i want to install SQL (which i did not check, since i have the sql already installed because it is co-resident wth CCM), so how can i make sure that the IPCC is installing its configuration on SQL or MSDE and how !!!!!!

do i need additional license for the standby or the one that comes with each (PAK) should work. ultimitly i need to have a standby scenario

please advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: IPCC Standby MSDE/SQL!!!

Hello,

you cannot have a CCM co-located IPCC Express with High Availability - actually, the reason is the MS SQL server (sort of) special edition that comes from Cisco as CD #4 of the IPCC Express media kit...

Actually, wherever I had a co-located scenario, it just gave me a pain in the neck: performance problems, maximum 10 agents, no HA.

If you want to be on the safe side, just buy two servers and do a clean install of IPCC Express with its own SQL server + HA.

2 REPLIES

Hello,

you cannot have a CCM co-located IPCC Express with High Availability - actually, the reason is the MS SQL server (sort of) special edition that comes from Cisco as CD #4 of the IPCC Express media kit...

Actually, wherever I had a co-located scenario, it just gave me a pain in the neck: performance problems, maximum 10 agents, no HA.

If you want to be on the safe side, just buy two servers and do a clean install of IPCC Express with its own SQL server + HA.

yes you are right i was going to post an update before seeing your feedback.

Also to add to your information, we need a license as well for the HA.

Good day

Views
Helpful
Replies