cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

IPCC Survey - get user input, dump to file, email

Hello,

I'm trying to write an IPCC script for our guest satisfaction survey. Basically what I need it to do is capture user input (1,2,3, etc.) and write it to a text file. Once the survey is complete send the results via email to the admin.

So far I've tried the "create file document" and then tried passing my input digits by using "write document" command. Doesn't seem to like that very much. I also tried creating an array and passing input digits to the array but no luck there either.

I have the email piece down - it's just the dtmf input to text file that has me a bit stumped. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Mike

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: IPCC Survey - get user input, dump to file, email

If you are completely unsure of how to write a script, I would start with the step object and development guides on CCO, these can be accessed via the customer contact software page of the documentation. www.cisco.com/go/documentation

Community Member

I'm a little beyond the basics of how to write a script.

I found a workaround and I'm taking the input and writing it to the subject of an email and sending it off. Not exactly what I was looking for but it gets the job done.

Mike

Silver

I haven't found a way of appending information to a flat file. Is an alternative to the write the responses into a database?

Community Member

Writing to a database would be ideal but since this is just needed for a couple of months I didn't think it would be worth the effort.

Thanks for your reply.

Community Member

You didn't specify which version of IPCC you're using. In Enterprise, I wrote an ICM script and created numerous call types. As the callers make their selections the appropriate call type is incremented. There is a separate aef script for each question and five possible answers. Then using Webview the sups can run a call type report for "any" period and collect as much or as little data as they feel they need. No external database or fancy scripting emailing required.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content