Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC Upgrade 3.5(3) to 4.0(4)

Hi

I will be performing this upgrade for the first time soon and gatering all required info.

I have seen upgrade Doc on CCO. My questions are

1) Its cisco MCS7845 server with 4 HDD. DO I follow the same disaster recovery process as for CCM upgrades. i,e removing Disk 0 and IDsk 2 prior to upgrade.?

2) Are there any known issues with this upgarde and any more checks I should do??

3) will existing CAD software work with IPCC 4.0(4)

Thanks in Advance

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: IPCC Upgrade 3.5(3) to 4.0(4)

1. Yes, you can remove these hard drives. Be aware that the install goes slower with the hard drives removed so I would suggest swapping the two hard drives with some other drives if you want it to go faster.

2. Below are the notes from a 3.5.3 to 4.0(4) upgrade:

- Follow the steps in the upgrade guide EXACTLY. There are several dialog boxes that open during the upgrade process that require certain answers. This is more an observation than lessons learned since it warns you that the wrong response will kill the upgrade.

- The upgrade process did in fact preserve the data, except for one notable exception - my script was not carried over. I discovered this when I went into the application and saw an error that the script selection was invalid. Once I went to the application in AppAdmin and re-uploaded it worked fine. Custom prompts were carried over.

- A new JTAPI user was created but the CTI Route Point for the application was not associated and therefore did not register with CallManager. Once I re-associated it I was able to get into the queue.

3. You will need to upgrade all CADs

please rate helpful posts.

adignan - berbee

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content