cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC X and Nuance Vocalizer

marknigh1
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for any configuration help with interfacing IPCC Express with Nuance Vocalizer (TTS). I have the MRCP on the IPCC server registerd and "in-service", but my sample script isn't returning any text (dead air). I worked with Nuance recently and the vocalizer software and MRCP server is running correctly.

Does anyone have any documentation from Nuance on how to configure their software correctly to work with Cisco IPCC Express?

Your help is appreciated.

4 Replies 4

pralex
Level 1
Level 1

There is a white paper that mentions the specific steps needed to configure Nuance/Scansoft software to work with IPCC Express 4.0:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/prod_bulletin0900aecd8033f6c0.html

Thank you for your help. I have completed these steps and all the services are started using the Watcher Daemon from Nuance. When I get to the part of the script to create a TTS prompt and play it back, I get a shriek and that is it.

Do I setup Nuance to support SSML or plain text?

Can I send a string to the Nuance server or do I need to create a document first?

Does any have a sample script I can use to test the Nuance? The server I have Nuance installed doesn't have a sound card to test vocalizer without using IPCC.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

chleblan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

There is a section on Nuance Configuration in the CVP 3.0 release notes.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/icm/isn/cvp30/cvp30rn.pdf

Regards,

-Chris

In the logs in am getting a (I turned on MRCP debugging) per Cisco TAC.

%MIVR-SS_MRCP_TTS-7-UNK:MessageHandler.parseResponse(): Only SDP msg found. No mrcp content

Do you know what this means? I don't think Nuance is configured correctly!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: