Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC-X CUCC-X BARS dmp file for offline reporting

I have a call center analyst at our company who would like an offline copy of the db_cra and db_cra_repository to run some reports and bypass the historical reporter. I would also like for him to do his analysis with this data offline because I'm not sure I trust this person (yet) not to corrupt the data.

In the BARS backup, I have db_cra.dmp and db_cra_repository.dmp. Can I use these files for offline analysis? Is this a proprietary format? Can it be restored (not using BARS, obviously) to another SQL database server?

1 REPLY

Re: IPCC-X CUCC-X BARS dmp file for offline reporting

I would suggest that you take regular SQL Server backup and restore that on a different server so that Analyst can use that for analysis and reporting. The dumps that are created by BARS can be read by Cisco BARS utility only. If this becomes a routine, you can setup a job to take backups and restores on a periodic basis or setup SQL Server log shipping to save time. Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies