Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPCCe 5.0 script query

Hi,

I've got a new script where I've got 2 different DID numbers which translate in CUCM to two different triggers in IPCCe, but access the same script. I want to be able to tell which number has been dialled and then out of hours route these calls differently (one to a closed message and one to a mobile).

I'm using the Get Call Contact Info to try and get the called number, and have got a string with the trigger number as the value, and then using an If statement to try and match the value, to then route the call accordingly.

However, this doesn't work. When the call comes through to Agent Desktop the called numbers just show as the extension of the agent, but the DNIS field shows the correct trigger number, so I'm sure I'm not too far away from getting this to work. Any clues?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

IPCCe 5.0 script query

This is the way I've always done it and it works, not sure why you worry about what shows up on agent desktop though.

Create string variable called "DNIS"

Add Get call contact info step and set called number to DNIS, do this at the beginning of the script

Then during the after hours logic check, simply use the if or switch step to check if DNIS is equal to one of the number and create appropriate logic.

If this is what you want and it does not work, use Reactive debugging to see what is being set during the

Get call contact info step, and if you want post the script here.

HTH,

Chris

IPCCe 5.0 script query

Absolutely, the name is for you to decide.

initially the varaible should be set to nothing

Your logic looks fine.

When you use the reactive debug as you do step by step movements, observe what the variable is being set to after it executes the step, so pay attention to the variable section of the script editor and make sure it changes to what you expect.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

4 REPLIES

IPCCe 5.0 script query

This is the way I've always done it and it works, not sure why you worry about what shows up on agent desktop though.

Create string variable called "DNIS"

Add Get call contact info step and set called number to DNIS, do this at the beginning of the script

Then during the after hours logic check, simply use the if or switch step to check if DNIS is equal to one of the number and create appropriate logic.

If this is what you want and it does not work, use Reactive debugging to see what is being set during the

Get call contact info step, and if you want post the script here.

HTH,

Chris

IPCCe 5.0 script query

Thanks for the reply. Might be daft question but can the variable string be called anything? I've got:

Variable string called "xxxCalledNumber" with a value of 8800 (trigger number)

Get Call Contact Info, with Called Number set to xxxCalledNumber

If statement with condition xxxCalledNumber == 8800

true, call re-direct to mobile

false, play prompt

I'm not bothered what the agents see, I was just using it to try and troubleshoot.

I tried using the reactive debugging, but it was the first time I've used it, so wasn't really sure what to be looking for.

IPCCe 5.0 script query

Absolutely, the name is for you to decide.

initially the varaible should be set to nothing

Your logic looks fine.

When you use the reactive debug as you do step by step movements, observe what the variable is being set to after it executes the step, so pay attention to the variable section of the script editor and make sure it changes to what you expect.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

IPCCe 5.0 script query

Thanks for the help, it's working now. I had to replace the If statement with a switch, but then it worked straight away.

Many thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies