Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

IPCCE 7.2 IE8

Has anyone had problems getting reports to run on IE8? I am getting an error every time I run a report "You have been logged out due to inactivity. Close all browser windows and log into webview again."

12 REPLIES
New Member

Re: IPCCE 7.2 IE8

I've tried compatibility mode by the way and same thing.

Green

Re: IPCCE 7.2 IE8

It's not a supported browser, but I have heard from a colleague that if you add the WebView servers to the Trusted Sites, it will work.

Give that a shot and let me know please.

Regards,

Geoff

New Member

Re: IPCCE 7.2 IE8

No dice, I've already tried that; the list of reports comes up, it's just when I try to run one, it gives me that error right away like it's having some sort of trouble receiving or displaying the data

Green

Re: IPCCE 7.2 IE8

Fair enough. I noticed that IE8 did not work for me and just used IE6 - I had added IE8 to my XP box and IE6 is still there.

I had just been told by a colleague that a customer had found a way to use IE8, and that was what he said - I'll see if I can get more details.

Regards,

Geoff

Re: IPCCE 7.2 IE8

It works for me, update windows and all patches of IE8, it must be something on the PC, try with another PC to see what happens.

Re: IPCCE 7.2 IE8

it def isn't supported I just had a terrible time around this.. I have been told by Cisco it will be fully supported in ICM 8.0 due Q1 2010.... What exaclty is the error?

For me historical reprts gripe about java, while realtime reports tell me I have been logged out...

There is also issue with the loca;e setting for english(united states) in win 7.... webview expects it to be set to en-us and win 7 sets it as en-US...

I havea few more bugs and have yet to get it to work, but TAC sent me a whole list of possible fixes to try... still no dice as of yet... pretty sure the version of java on the end machine makes a big difference...

Chad

New Member

Re: IPCCE 7.2 IE8

Exactly-- Everything tells me I have been logged out; it does this immediately, like there was no data even exchanged. I don't see many ActiveX settings in IE8, I guess I can start fooling with Java versions and settings.

New Member

Re: IPCCE 7.2 IE8

I had the same problem with IPCC 7.1.4 and IE8.  To fix the problem, I found that IE updates had changed the original client browser settings.

I went back to the original install procedure and it fixed the issue.

Step 1 In the browser, select Tools > Internet Options > Security.

Step 2 Click Trusted Sites. Then click Sites...

Step 3 Clear the checkbox for Require server verification (https) for all sites in this zone.

Step 4 In the Trusted Sites dialog box, add each of your WebView servers. (http://webview server and https://webviewserver).

Step 5 Click OK to apply the setting and close the Trusted Sites dialog box.

Step 6 Click Custom Level on the Security tab and verify that the following are enabled:

Download signed ActiveX controls

Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins

Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting
Automatic Prompting for ActiveX controls

Greg

New Member

Re: IPCCE 7.2 IE8

The problem you have is "IE7 key en-us" and "IE8 key en-US" and the C:\icm\web\WebView\reporting\servlet\wvLocale.properties is case sensitive this is documented in the Bug simply CSCsy12781 editing this file and adding the key Webview works in IE7 and IE8, with XP and Vista, in UCCE 7.1 7.2 7.5

For Example edit wvLocale.properties and add the line
en-us = mm / dd / yy
en-US = mm / dd / yy
es-ar = dd / mm / yy
es-AR = dd / mm / yy
pt-br = dd / mm / yy
pt-BR = dd / mm / yy

CSCsy12781 Bug Details  

Webview reports fail if you manually change language in IE 7.0. 
Symptom:

Unable to create any report when using Internet Explorer 7.0 to access Webview.

Error seen when creating report:

Report cannot be displayed:: Can't find resource for bundle
java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key en-GB

(replace en-GB by the language you configure in IE 7.0)

Conditions:

After changing the default language settings in Internet Explorer 7.0.

In IE 7.0 when you change the default language, the newly added one is added upper case.

(For example, default language en-gb becomes en-GB when you manually add it)

Workaround:

Option 1. Add the language in IE 7.0 using the "User defined" option and add the language manually in lower case (en-gb).

Option 2.

-Add the following lines for your language in upper case in the following Webview server file:

:\icm\web\webview\reporting\servlet\wvLocale.properties

en-GB=dd/mm/yy

(replace en-GB with the language you configure in IE 7.0)

-Restart Jaguar and W3SVC services to apply the change 


I hope you solve the problem

Greetings
Guido

New Member

Re: IPCCE 7.2 IE8

No dice for me for any of the fixes in this note.  The error message seen when the report window pops up is

"You have been logged out due to inactivity. Close all browser windows and log into WebView again."

New Member

Re: IPCCE 7.2 IE8

I got mine to work by adding https://hdsserver into trusted sites; I already had http, which is what shows up in the IE bar (and also the report window).  Not sure why but it is fixed for me.  Maybe this will help someone else.

New Member

Re: IPCCE 7.2 IE8

I got mine to work by:

1.    In IE 8 open Internet Options from the Tools menu.
2.    On the General Tab choose Languages.
3.    Choose the Add option and in the User Defined field put “en-us”  (no quotes, lowercase). 
4.    Select Ok and now you will see in the languages box a new entry “User Defined [en-us].
5.    Highlight this entry and choose the move up button on the right side to move the selection to the top of the list.
6.    Choose “OK” and “OK” again. All done.

Close IE, open and give it a shot!

4607
Views
5
Helpful
12
Replies
CreatePlease to create content