Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPCCE Outbound Callback

IPCC Ent with Outbound option licenses

CCM 4.2.3

IP-IVR 3.5

The requirements are to be be able to script the fofllowing:

1 - We would like to give an option to callers during out of office hours to leave their number and would like to call all these numbers next day.

2 - currently there is a daily report generated for abandoned call. Would like to capture abandoned calls and if caller choosed to leave their no while in Q, and then dial them out. Intention is to do this dynamically/as quickly as possible , not wait for the whole day.

3 - Customers visiting the website, to be given an option to leave their number for call back. Would like to dial out these numbers in 2 hours or so.

Wanted to clarify...

1. Are these achieveable?

2. Do we need any more licenses/option on top of listed above?

3. My thinking is that after we get our hands on the ANI/CLI from the IP-IVR or the website:

- Do we store ANI/CLI in a database and then IPCC Outbound can pick these numbers up form the database - make a campaign out of it and then dial these numbers out?

- OR we have to upload these numbers in a particular campaign format manually to IPCC?

Any assistance would be great.

3 REPLIES
Green

Re: IPCCE Outbound Callback

It is workable with what you have but it's not trivial. You need to patch together a few things. I would leave the abandon caller thing to phase 2 and get something working.

Callers leaving their number in the database - fine. Have a scheduled job in Windows running at (say) 6am that's a clever BAT file that uses OSQL to query the DB for the people to call and produces output in the format for BAImport and drops it in the right place. Getting this share to work correctly can be painful, but it is possible.

From the Dialer's point of view, each morning a import is done into a long running campaign. These people get called back.

Lots of things to think about. What happens if the Dialer doesn't get through the calls for that day.

Regards,

Geoff

Have a scheduled job in Windows running at (say) 6am that's a clever BAT file that uses OSQL to query the DB for the people to call and produces output in the format for BAImport and drops it in the right place. Getting this share to work correctly can be painful, but it is possible.

so it's mean that the campaign is not a Database table - I mean cant we simply DbWrite the ANI/CLI from the IP-IVR to a campaign_table, and the dialer will pick the data up from this table and make outbound calls?

OR

If not, so what format is for BAImport? "Drops it in the right palce" means a local folder pat? If yes, Can I write a Java program to pick these numbers up from the IP-IVR and write them a csv/txt format and then store this file in that particular C: folder - and then the campaign will pick this csv/txt file up from the folder and generate a campaign automatically?

Green

No you cannot write into the table. Some of this is standard Dialer stuff - you need to build the glue between IPIVR and the Dialer.

The format of BAImport is published - check the Outbound Guide.

Any form of sheduled job that writes the file in the correct format to the correct location will work. BAImport is watching that location and loads the data as soon as the file appears.

But how do you deal with multithreaded collisions writing to the file? If you have two IPIVRs, how do you deal with that? Will it be a problem?

That's one of the joys of a database - have each of the IPIVRs deposit the records when it wants to into the single DB; have an out-of-band extractor run the query on its own time schedule.

My rule is this - never tightly couple when you can loosely couple (no jokes please).

Local to what? The IPIVR? No, I don't think that will work. As I said, getting the location to work can be a pain.

Time to read the Outbound Guides.

Regards,

Geoff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content