Got a customer with IPCCE 7X with IPIVR 5X. I built the skill groups with ".pri" and point the ICM scripts to the skill node or queue to skill group using the ".pri" sub skill. However, webview skill reports (consolidated daily) shows different abandoned call numbers between the base only skill and the pri subskill. Any thoughts why this is showing up as such? Aren't the base skill groups supposed to be the total of all subskills? In my setup I only have the pri subskill so the base should equal this, no?
Is this documented somewhere? Just wondering since I've done this same setup in previous versions before without issues.
I guess it came from Outbound, because in Outbound, you cannot monitor the .pri or .sec, you must monitor the base skill group. So I guess I became used to only working with base skill groups with IPCC on the whole. I haven't thought about this for a while.
What do the .pri and .sec offer - how do they enhance routing?
See page 19, as there are some considerations with using sub-skills.
All, many thanks for the feedback. I really do appreciate it. I guess what I am understanding is that subskills are still supported and will continue to be supported. Cisco does state it is "recommended" to use base only skills for IPCCE but does not go into detail why. I checked another customer site with subskills setup and looks like their reporting between the subskill and base only is off as well.
I'm wondering if using subskill DOES throw off the reporting piece in webview. Anyone know if Cisco has this documented or officially states this?
It would be good to know if there's documentation stating this before I start removing all the subskills...many thanks again....
Page 20 of the 7.x reporting guide.
When you run skill group reports in WebView and have configured sub-skillgroups, do not select the base skill group for the report. Agents are not assigned to the base skill group; they are assigned to the sub-skill group. Because the reports are designed to gather data from base skill group metrics only, they might not be appropriate for reporting on sub-skill groups.
I was looking at the doc Joe sent...thanks by the way. I think this kinda answers my question. Looks like it's an issue with webview since it is designed mainly to report on base only skill groups and not subskills.
WebView reports are designed for base skill groups.
However, when you run skill group reports in WebView and have configured sub-skillgroups, do not select the base skill group for the report. Agents are not assigned to thebase skill group; they are assigned to the sub-skill group. Because the reports are designedto gather data from base skill group metrics only, they might not be appropriate for reportingon sub-skill groups.
Basically what this is telling me is that reporting might not be accurate on subskills. I guess if you need accurate reporting you have to go with base only skills. I'll have to try this out to verify...